PDA

View Full Version : My new website, see what you think...

bobbybrown
20-02-2008, 11:08 PM
Hi Guys,
I've just put my new website online, on an old domain name I had to see how it looks.
The aim was to be a simple yet effective site, take a look.
http://www.tingletoys.co.uk
I seem to have trouble deciding what to type when I make a site, so if anyone fancies re-wording what I've put on that site to make it sound better/more professional, then go for it. It does need to stay about the same word count though so everything lines up nicely :)

Of course, if any of the Euro-Nova members want anything that I offer on there, then there would be huge discounts available :tongue:

letterman7
21-02-2008, 02:53 AM
Just a few observations, Dan. Home page, the bottom three paragraphs...tighten up the spacing between the lines. It looks like you're trying to fill the space with the copy. What do the flowers have to do with web design? Substitute those images out with clips from current sites you've designed. Definately double-check your spelling (a few errors are on various pages) and syntax. Your header is the same color as the background page, so it tends to disappear. Darken up one or the other, and if you're only pandering to the feminine crowd, lose the pink tone. That does not convey a strong business sense on the net for a design firm. Stick with the basics - dark maroon would work well here.

Just my $.02

R

Big Birds Car
21-02-2008, 08:42 AM
Had a quick look, will do a bit more when able BUt you use your business name way too much. It is in the heading on each page which is fine and maybe once or twice in the text would be ok but not the amount you have.
People are already looking at your site so don't need reminding what the site name/company is.
Probably would put in low maintenance rather than low hassle just sounds a bit more professional.
As said earlier will look again later. Good Luck.

bobbybrown
21-02-2008, 12:20 PM
some good points, keep them coming :)

Peter
21-02-2008, 08:33 PM
Nice layout and the remarks above I feel are valid but a bit to "Barbie doll" for my tastes, I feel it needs to promote a stronger, more confident image.
Peter

bobbybrown
21-02-2008, 09:42 PM
This is what I was looking for, opinion of the masses :cheers:

I'll get round to changing some of the points above when I get a spare minute :)

Nic
22-02-2008, 02:29 PM
The browsable tabs should change color when you click on it so you can see where you are.

Alzax3
22-02-2008, 06:32 PM
You might want to consider hitting a more 'professional' tone: substituting 'contact' for 'get in touch', not using phrases like 'get the ball rolling' - and if you're going to state 'Beause our rates are so competitive, our rates are available on request only.' I wouldn't put a 'Rates' header in at all......

Rick's right about the spelling and syntax though - you can't have any bloopers if you want design credibility.

Good first draft though, I know your revision will be much better!