PDA

View Full Version : New Nova Owner

adrenaline
17-03-2008, 02:30 PM
Hi, just a short message to let everyone know that there is a new Nova owner on the block.....

I was a teenager (honest :laugh: ) when the Nova was at its' height of popularity and as such it was a car I lusted after and swore one day that I would own one.....

Well that day has arrived.....

I now have a Nova, to go with my nearly finished V6 Berlinetta......

Like its' new owner it is a ropy old thing that has seen better days and is in need of a lot of attention.....

Having taken early retirement following a flying accident that saw my spine in more pieces than my Nova has holes in its' floor, I now have all the time in the world......

Mind you, putting my spine back together with a bucket full of titanium nuts, bolts and rods looks like it may have been childsplay compared to bringing my Nova back to its' former glory.....

I will post more pictures when I get the hang of this but for now, hopefully, there should be a few pictures of my Nova, rotting at its' former address below to give you an idea af the mountain I have to climb.....

http://i12.ebayimg.com/03/i/000/dc/35/63c1_1.JPG http://i10.ebayimg.com/07/i/000/dc/35/6479_1.JPG

http://i8.ebayimg.com/06/i/000/dc/35/6512_1.JPG http://i18.ebayimg.com/05/i/000/dc/35/64c1_1.JPG

http://i19.ebayimg.com/07/i/000/dc/35/6417_1.JPG http://i23.ebayimg.com/08/i/000/dc/35/65b6_1.JPG

Carl

bobbybrown
17-03-2008, 02:34 PM
Welcome to the forum Carl :)

adrenaline
17-03-2008, 02:45 PM
Thanks...... I notice that you are just down the road from me.....

My Nova lives just outside Hopwas.......

Carl

bushboy
17-03-2008, 03:39 PM
Adrenaline,
:welcome:

As you explore the ast posts of euro nova you will find that we usually follow the progress of each ebay Nova auction. So glad that this one is staying in the UK.

So what are your desires for the green peril you have now in your possesion. There are at least 2 V6 cars in the UK, one rover powered (currently waiting repairs ) and a Eureka with Mazda power...quickly approaching MOT time.

See you round the traps

Bushboy

bobbybrown
17-03-2008, 04:47 PM
I am yes, where abouts in hopwas do you live?

I'm only down the road in Glascote. Although the new mrs lives in hopwas at the moment :tongue:

jimcub
17-03-2008, 05:15 PM
Welcome and good luck I bought mine 18 months ago, now road worthy but still lots to do and learn. You will have to meet some novas at this years shows, nearest to you would be Stoneliegh park on Spring bank hol weekend in May.
Any problems and you will normally find some one has the answer on here. :welcome:

Phill
17-03-2008, 06:12 PM
Hi Carl - welcome to Euro Nova.

Your in the right company here - lots of fellow Nova enthusiasts with more passion than sense.

Hopefully we'll see your car fully re-built and running again one day.

Alzax3
17-03-2008, 07:34 PM
Hi Carl

Glad to have you on board - it's nice to get the chance to activate a real member instead of an attempted spammer for a change! As Bushboy said, it great to see an Ebay auctioned car stay here instead of disapearing off to Germany - there must be a huge Nova mountain accumulating over there!

MicksRedNova
17-03-2008, 07:38 PM
Hi and welcome aboard. Never heard of Hopwas before, sounded a bit foreign, glad it's in UK, another Nova to potentially get on the road (soon).

Mick

vpogv
17-03-2008, 11:02 PM
Welcome. As has been stated, ask anything here I promise somebody will know the answer if it hasn't been covered already. :thumbup:

jimcub
17-03-2008, 11:44 PM
What does the large flexible hose the goes through the bulkhead at the front do, the one under the dash is it some sort of heater hose?

Ben
18-03-2008, 12:39 AM
Hi adrenaline

Welcom to the site we are all there to help.

I see you have been pounced on. :clapping:

Ben

adrenaline
18-03-2008, 04:19 AM
Adrenaline,
:welcome:

So what are your desires for the green peril you have now in your possesion. There are at least 2 V6 cars in the UK, one rover powered (currently waiting repairs ) and a Eureka with Mazda power...quickly approaching MOT time.

See you round the traps

Bushboy

I willl try and answer everyones questions........

My desires....well......the green has to go....I think....... :bleh: .....although the car does, despite its' initial horrific look, have a full set of 'brown' carpets that look like original fitment.....they look as if they may be rescuable.......so what other colours go with brown.........?? I guess green does.......
As for the rest......... :help: :help:

The important thing is that the screen is in perfect condition, although the rest of the glass is missing. Opening side windows (any side windows) would be nice, as I gather they can get a little 'stuffy'......

First job is to attempt a repair on the louvre.....when I collected the car it was in perfect knick but half way home it 'departed company' with the car and the nice man in the white van...... you know who you are..... :clapping: :clapping: ...who swerved to make sure he ran over it....he changed lanes on the dual carriageway to make sure he ran over it....well karma I am sure will mean somewhere, oneday he'll get his.......in the mean time the three parts it is now in need joining and the bits that are missing need to be rustled up in glass.....
Whils I am talking about glass......the body, although the gel coat had dulled is entirely free from gel cracks.... a bonus....no grinding and filling.....

I had thought that I would just do a sympathetic restoration to 'standard for the original time' conditions.....but looking at some of the modified Novas on here makes me wonder.....
The rear has to change as the original bumper is not really to my liking and with the car I also bought a seperate vented bonnet....so I may put that on as I prefer the look....I think..... :confused1: .......
I really like to look of slotmags....so they will stay after a refurb and polishing
The cabin pneumatics are present and fully functional using a latching circuit......so they will just need an overhaul. The hinges whilst rusty look rescuable....they just need blasting and powdercoating

First thing, I guess is body off and see what I am left with....there are some holes in the pan that I can see and everything looks rusted to.....****.....whatever it looks like I may be wielding the welder some......I have another pan if the worst happens and the chassis is not rescuable and that one is a 'tax free 67'....although it has a Mk1 Charger body on it awaiting three shakes of my magic wand.....this one for some reason is on a 'Q' plate......??
I had wondered if I could plead with the DVLA and get an age specific plate but I guess I may be stuck with the 'Q'.......mind you.....'Q' does stand for QUICK......as one of my son says....I have a Midas Gold on a 'Q' with a 1380 A-series that is just a bit quick......

And speaking of which....A V6...now that sounds nice........I had resigned myself to a 1600 boxer beetle.....I know in the past you could get adaptor plates to fit some engines...are they still available and if so do you know where from.....??

I guess the project will 'evolve' and take on its' own 'life' and that will fully determine which direction I finally take.......all I can say is that I would like it on the road for next year.......although for that to happen.... a plan would be better....... :) :)

Thanks for the reply.....I am sure I will be begging for more imformation and help soon....

Carl

adrenaline
18-03-2008, 04:22 AM
I am yes, where abouts in hopwas do you live?

I'm only down the road in Glascote. Although the new mrs lives in hopwas at the moment :tongue:

I live in Minworth, although the car lives in my hangar just outside Hopwas.....I mess around with aircraft too and am building something called a 912S Skyranger at the moment.....it should be ready to fly this summer....

adrenaline
18-03-2008, 04:23 AM
What does the large flexible hose the goes through the bulkhead at the front do, the one under the dash is it some sort of heater hose?

I have no idea...although I will have a look tomorrow and try to throw some light on it.....

adrenaline
18-03-2008, 04:25 AM
To the rest........

Thanks for the warm welcome......it is nice to know that there is so much knowledge and wisdom out there and that all seem so keen to ensure that that knowledge is available to all.......

Thanks again.....

Alzax3
18-03-2008, 08:48 AM
Well if you're thinking of V6s, I would keep the Q plate, it's a modders licence! Basically as you probably know you can do pretty much anything you can get past the MOT man and your insurers, whereas theoretically the tax exempt plate keeps you mostly bog standard.

Is it a really nice shade of dark chocolate brown carpet? You could always go the 70s look and have a tangerine/orange paintjob to go with it.....My folks did that in the sitting room when I was a kid :zipped: it'd look better on a car....

bushboy
18-03-2008, 03:16 PM
A Q plate for heavy mods is a real bonus. I got my adapter plate for the Mazda V6 from the states, Kennedy Engineering. Ben was more adventureous and made his own to fit the honda/rover V6. Kennedy have a large range of adapters to choose from, shold you want to go that route.

The V6 reek is on track to be at stones and you are more than welcome to crawl all over it. A plan is a good spot to start as I never had one & it has taken a young persons lifetime for me to get it to it's present un-finished state.

Bushboy

kdnova
19-03-2008, 10:58 PM
And speaking of which....A V6...now that sounds nice........I had resigned myself to a 1600 boxer beetle.....I know in the past you could get adaptor plates to fit some engines...are they still available and if so do you know where from.....??

the worlds your oyster so to speak I personally have a flat 4 alfa engine there is another nova local to me with a subaru legacy 2.2 in it someone on here has a ford pinto. then there is always porsche. Depends how far you want to go really I have a set of plans for a mid engined v8 beetle chassis! Could always go down the aircooled vw motor to be different!

welcome aboard

keith

Alzax3
20-03-2008, 08:29 AM
Acid2000 is your Pinto man!

undertaker
21-03-2008, 12:14 PM
welcome to euro-nova. enjoy your nova and your new friends here.. :welcome:
undertaker :twisted: