PDA

View Full Version : suggetion for gallery

thestevie
31-03-2008, 11:17 PM
is there anyway we can tidy up the gallery?

instead of having all 700 pictures in one category
could we have more categories with less pictures in them?
interior shots exterior shots maybe and a bunch of other ones

bobbybrown
31-03-2008, 11:42 PM
Yeah, there is, but it will take literally hours and hours and hours and hours and hours and hours and hours and hours and hours and hours and hours and hours and hours and hours and hours and hours and hours and hours and hours and hours and hours and hours and hours and hours and hours and hours and hours and hours and hours and hours and hours and hours and hours and hours and hours and hours and hours and hours and hours and hours and hours and hours and hours and hours and hours and hours and hours and hours and hours and hours and hours and hours and hours and hours and hours and hours and hours and hours and hours and hours and hours and hours and hours and hours and hours and hours and hours and hours and hours and hours and hours and hours and hours and hours and hours and hours and hours and hours and hours :laugh:

thestevie
31-03-2008, 11:49 PM
thats alot of hours

i guess that answers it then

bobbybrown
01-04-2008, 12:21 AM
It can be done, and will be done, its one of the ideas on the corkboard though, and its not right at the top of the list just yet.

You never know, I've said that lots of times before and then suddenly....pooof it happens.

All depends when my free time decides to pop up, and how much of it is there.

I'll move the idea up the list anyway, as I agree it would certainly help things.

Thanks for the suggestion :)

thestevie
01-04-2008, 08:31 AM
i can help
if you need it
although i have a unsteady work rotation

bobbybrown
01-04-2008, 10:33 AM
Sure, I'll get it all organised and contact you if we could do with some extra help :)

vpogv
01-04-2008, 01:54 PM
I would be happy to help as well if that means much. If you can get a zip of the images I have time to kill each day that I can sort through them and separate them how we feel necessary.

bobbybrown
01-04-2008, 05:25 PM
Right, I've had a look today and it will be a big job, first things first:

We need a list of categories, and as many people as possible to note down the picture names from the gallery, and what category they should be in.

To get the picture name, right click on the image and click properties.

If someone wants to do that, it would be very helpful, I can then get on with making the new categories and moving the pictures around.

Its either that or I make a zip file of them all, and put it on the website for download, but as the file is SO big, it could only be there for a few hours, at the most.

Monkeyboy
01-07-2008, 05:26 PM
Hey Bobbybrown your time will be taken up with your new Nova now. Have you got her yet and if so can we see?

:groupwave:

bobbybrown
01-07-2008, 06:06 PM
:rofl: I'll get it done eventually :)

Not yet no, still trying to get the last bit of the money together then shes coming home to be fixed **insert can't wait emoticon here** :) :) :) :)

CyCo
02-07-2008, 06:51 AM
Not sure if it could be done, but what about asigning 'tags' to each photo. Like 'engine', 'wheels', 'interior', 'lifters', 'engine bay', etc? Would probably require just as much work, but then you could put in a search function for the gallery, so if someone was looking into how others had done their 'dropped pans', they'd just plug that into the search function and get only the photos they're looking for.

It might be too much work, or not possible with these forums, I don't know. I'd help out with the labling for the photos, but I'm currently between houses and am posting from a net cafe. lol

Alzax3
02-07-2008, 07:05 AM
We had discussed that, and it's a great way to make the galleries more useful - but it does add a fair bit of time to the project.........

bobbybrown
02-07-2008, 12:18 PM
The gallery has nothing to do with the forums, as its hosted using a different php program altogether.

I'll read the documentation to the program today and see whats possible.

I do agree that we need to do something with it though.

I'm free most of the day tomorrow, lets see what I can do then.

jimcub
02-07-2008, 08:05 PM
main catogory would be to divide in to country au, uk, eur and so on, as there are main differances ie drive side, body shape and parts resoursed from etc. so you could look up an: au eureka for chassis mods under it's heading
Just my 2 bobs worth :D

Big Birds Car
03-07-2008, 08:33 AM
Just my 2 bobs worth

Inflation hitting you as well Jim?

Can see where you are coming from but then they to would need subdividing into the different categories of engine, drivetrain, body, interior etc. etc. having said that if the geeks (err sorry, computer whizzes) can do it in the first place I suppose it wouldn't be that difficult to do it a second time for different countries.

Would love to help out so errr cont, alt, delete is that what you do next..? (highly stupid computer user here that has to get the kids to do loading and downloading etc.)

thestevie
03-07-2008, 10:04 AM
Just my 2 bobs worth
(highly stupid computer user here that has to get the kids to do loading and downloading etc.)

:laugh: sounds like my dad
i still get email asking how to download and upload stuff
ill help to if its needed

bobbybrown
03-07-2008, 11:55 AM
Any help would be appreciated, but I'm not sure how you can help! :laugh:

Big Birds Car
03-07-2008, 11:59 AM
i still get emaiol asking how to download and upload stuff

Joining the forces just so you don't have to help out your old dad on the computer is a bit extreme :laugh:

bobbybrown
03-07-2008, 02:23 PM
:laugh:

I've started sorting the gallery, got about half way through and my brain is dead!
I'll do some more later when I've recovered :bleh: