PDA

View Full Version : Addictive Nova!!

JayJay
21-04-2008, 12:44 PM
Hi everyone,
I'm rather new to this and only recently became a Nova owner, which I am spending every waking hour working on...I didn't realise they are so addictive!!!
She runs...loudly, and only a few small problemns such as wiring done by Stevie Wonder and leaking hydraulics...but hoping to have her MOT'd and on the road again soon!!

In fact I have a wealth of spares so as soon as I get it going and roadworthy, I'll put the rest up, incluing original spare windscreen etc etc.
Admin edit: please post your canopy in the for sale section, or the ebay forum :)

letterman7
21-04-2008, 03:32 PM
Welcome to the forum, Jay! You'll find volumes of info here for reference during your build.

R

Ben
22-04-2008, 09:15 PM
Hi JayJay

Did you buy a black Nova with vented front headlight covers?

Ben

CyCo
22-04-2008, 11:37 PM
HI JayJay, welcome to the fold. I have a Eureka here in Oz, and there are people who have Stirlings in the US, so we're from all over.

I'm sure you'll have Good Times. :laugh:

jimcub
23-04-2008, 05:33 AM
Jayjay where abouts in the world are you, nice to have you aboard.

JayJay
25-04-2008, 01:22 PM
Wow, good response everywhere!! Ok, one at a time,
Jimcub, I'm in the UK based about 20 miles SW of London. Never seen one on the roads round here so hoping to set a trend!

Ben, Hi, yes it was a black one with vented headlight covers, but these don't look all that healthy so have already stripped them off and replaced them with perspex covers in keeping with the windscreen transfers design. How did you know??

I do have a question straight from the off though, does anyone else have a problem with leading sunroof panels? Mine seems to refuse to sit flush to the car and although I'm pretty sure it was original, the dam thing just doesn't sit properly. Am I just unlucky with this cover, or is it something that happens a lot?

JayJay
25-04-2008, 01:24 PM
Jimcub, just had a look through your webpage...the engine looks quite simply.....awesome.

Ben
25-04-2008, 10:52 PM
Hi JayJay

I know because of Euro Nova. :clapping:

I did see a few pics of your Nova on ebay thanks to Alzax3 and others. :ermm:

As for your sunroof panel is it a ADD mark 1 canopy?

A new member great. :cheers:

Ben

Spacenut
28-04-2008, 11:26 AM
Welcome aboard JayJay!

20 miles SW of London puts you somewhere near the M25 corridor - I'm just off the A3 a bit further down. I've seen DJ Harry's car on the roads (without prior appointment :D), but you're right, there's not that many Novas about!

If you have got a Mk1 sunroof panel, a lot of the issues seem to come from the trimming of the canopy internal rebate - I've got a sunroof canopy to replace my existing one, and the rebates were trimmed so unevenly that the panel would have been proud all round and more proud in some places than others!

The other thing seems to be that the panel has a larger curvature than the canopy itself, and was deliberately made that way so that the latch mechanism would pull it down in the middle, which makes for a rattle-free fitting, but also could stress the fibreglass...

Good luck with sorting the car, and I hope to see it out on the roads soon. I'm doing the Auto Italia show in the Green Machine at Brooklands on Saturday, probably right on your doorstep if you fancy a day out. I have blagged the Nova into the show for the last 2 years on the strength of its Italian engine and running gear :D

Lauren

JayJay
02-05-2008, 12:31 PM
I'm afraid I've no clue what the sun-panel model is, will have to have a closer look. It certainly have more curvature to it then the rest of the canopy.
With all this rain lately I was getting a tad concerned with all the water slowly fliing the inside of the car but a found a temporary solution, no waterproof sheet or quick silicone sealing.....I just drilled a hole in the floor. Problem solved for now!!

This weekend its all about getting it sealed up properly though.

Many thanks for your help everyone!!

jimcub
02-05-2008, 06:15 PM
Jayjay looks can be deceiving, as you can read in the engine threads.