PDA

View Full Version : SVA to IVA

Ben
25-05-2008, 10:04 PM
Hi all

The IVA will be put into place in 2009 it is a simple name change nuthing more.

If your Nova is on a SORN or runs a Beetle chassis don't worry it don't apply to your Nova. :cool1:

Ben

Spacenut
27-05-2008, 12:28 PM
Thanks Ben - so what does IVA stand for - "Individual Vehicle Approval"?

I wonder what prompted the change - perhaps Single Vehicle Approval was being interpreted as single make, rather than singular vehicle. Perhaps a whole batch of cars got SVA'd at once :D

Westfields, probably :D

Lauren

Ben
28-05-2008, 12:10 AM
Hiya Laruen

The IVA incorpoates comershall transport busses and trucks most of all rebodied trucks that applys to cars as well If you keep the chassis it comes from VOSA it just re-enforces the Beetle body swap to Nova dody :clapping:

Ben

Spacenut
28-05-2008, 07:44 AM
Hmm - so that will put the mockers on me taking a 1972 Leyland truck chassis, re-bodying with forward-control sports bodywork, re-jigging the suspension for wishbones and coil-overs, and putting in an Alison 250 gas turbine mid-mount mated to a Mopar 727 with the torque converter removed...

Dag nabit!

There again, given the price of diesel fuel at the moment running such a vehicle could be a trifle expensive :D

Lauren

Ben
29-05-2008, 12:36 AM
Hiya Laruen

No get an ex army Leyland truck on a Q plate the world at your feet.

Some thing tells me I should be keeping silent :oops2:

Ben

Spacenut
29-05-2008, 07:21 AM
That's a good point - I could get one of those 4 wheel steer chassis... drop the ride height, tube frame to increase torsional stiffness, De Dion rear suspension, yum, yum...

:D

nigelf
21-07-2008, 11:05 AM
The consultation on the implementation runs until 22nd August: you can find the consultation document and a response form here http://www.dft.gov.uk/consultations/open/typeapproval/

I think the whole kit car community should act on this, to ensure that we can still register our cars for a reasonable fee and without too many restrictions. Please consider sending in a response and encouraging other kit car owners to respond too.

Some points in favour of allowing kit cars are: jobs created in the sector, recycling of parts, SMEs involved in producing spares, maintaining/developing creative skills and advantage to UK as an exporter. Anyone got other valid points to make?