PDA

View Full Version : Beetle engine/dodgyness!

ant
14-06-2008, 06:09 PM
Hi

ANOTHER question, sorry folks.

This is not strictly Nova related but my beach buggy does live next to my Nova in the garage so....My buggy was sounding a bit dodgy this afternoon when i reversed her out of my garage so i could spray my Nova dash. I let her tick over and went round the back to the exhausts. One side is fine but the other was blowing cold and not really exhausting. What could this be???

cheers

Ant

letterman7
14-06-2008, 07:52 PM
Could be lots of things, ant. How long was it sitting? Could be there's no fuel to that bank of cylinders, valves need adjusting, no spark to that side....start simple and eliminate the obvious. Take the air cleaner off and see if you're getting fuel into the carb throat (work the throttle linkage). If that's a positive, then pull the plug wires one at a time, put a spare plug in the end and hold it to the block. Have someone crank the motor and see if you're getting spark to each wire. If that's a positive, then adjust your valves on all four cylinders.

Let us know!

jimcub
14-06-2008, 11:51 PM
got to be spark or fuel, fuel is easy lift the air filters off and see if fuel sprays into the carb, if it does try spark. You don't say if you have single or twin carbs, if single then go to spark.