PDA

View Full Version : The New York Times

Yessong
24-07-2008, 02:44 PM
Ok kids - looks like I have hit the big time.

In the past my Sterling has been in the Local newspaper (Newsday) - actually it's one of the biggest local papers in the New York Area, in Which Kit Magazine, Long Island Car Magazine, on News 12 Long Island TV, WABC TV, it's the car shown on the Wikipedia listing and who knows what else....but now....

It will be featured in the NY Times Auto Column "Auto Ego" on Sunday August 3rd (Dave from Sterling Sports Cars should really be paying me for all this exposure...don't you think?...lol).

There's also be an on-line component with a slide show and video. I did the photo shoot yesterday (7/23) at Coney Island's Amusement Park...so psyched. Not sure if our friends across the pond have access to the printed version of the Times but if not you can oogle their web site for it.

bobbybrown
24-07-2008, 02:52 PM
unfortunately we can't get it here :cry:

May have to speak to some friends in the states, I would like to get a copy of that :clapping:

Nic
24-07-2008, 03:01 PM
Congrats! Finally Sterlings are getting some more ink in the US. Great job! I'll see if I can pick up a NY Times somewhere in Downtown Oakland.

jimcub
24-07-2008, 07:13 PM
Or post a link so we can see it over here.

CyCo
25-07-2008, 09:09 AM
Excellent stuff!!

There's a new kit car magazine here Down Under, and they're going to run a feature on the Purvis Eureka, hopefully in issue 3 or 4. Sure sounds like there's rising interest in our cars accross the globe.

:clapping: :drive: :thumbup:

Spacenut
28-07-2008, 12:57 PM
Well done Steve! From what I've seen of it, the New York Times is about the most prestigeous daily newspaper in the 'States, and the number of supplements on Sunday has to be seen to be believed.

I'd love to see a scan of your article when it comes out!

Lauren

Yessong
02-08-2008, 04:03 PM
Here's the link for the on-line piece:

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/08/03/automobiles/collectibles/03EGO.html?_r=1&oref=slogin

MicksRedNova
02-08-2008, 04:26 PM
Steve

Great piece. :clapping: :clapping: Well done for getting such wide coverage. The audio slide show is terrific.

Mick

CyCo
03-08-2008, 06:15 AM
Bravo!! Simply awesome!

When I get home, I'm goingto have to save that page and the audio slide show.

:thumbup:

vpogv
04-08-2008, 01:28 PM
Good article. I can't wait for the crowds to gather and ask the same questions. :thumbup:

Phill
04-08-2008, 04:03 PM
Well done Steve - it's good to see the Marque getting some good publicity.

So what do you tell people what the car is and how much do you say it's worth?

Yessong
04-08-2008, 05:08 PM
Well - to be honest - NO ONE wants to hear that it's a beetle with a different body...they really want to believe it's a "Super Car" with crazy top end speeds....so I just tell them that it's a Sterling and they come out of Pennsylvania. If they push then I tell them it's a Kit car.

When it comes to price - I usually get more directly into the Kit Car discussion - usually with the words, "It costs what ever you choose to spend on it"

Monkeyboy
04-08-2008, 06:52 PM
Thats a great article Steve.

The car is looking mighty fine. I like the black windscreen pillars and the bottom of the windsreen surround.

It's funny how the Nova / Sterling / Eureka has been around for so many years and now is getting so much press, makes me want to get my spanners out on my own one.

:groupwave: