PDA

View Full Version : new to nova

mikehunt
30-08-2008, 08:51 AM
HI peeps im new to the nova scene this is my nova i bought a few weeks back.Its fitted with an ford 1.6 cross flow with two twin weber carbs aint had it runnig yet it needs alot if work.was also wondering if anyone has knowledge of this car all i know it spent 20yrs sitting in a garage under a dust sheet waiting for the day
it will run once more

cheers tony

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v484/MIKEHUNT1/Image39.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v484/MIKEHUNT1/Image32.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v484/MIKEHUNT1/Image33.jpg

bobbybrown
30-08-2008, 09:05 AM
Hi Tony,
looks like a good project you have there.
Unfortunately, there are no real owner records from the past, but we have started an owners database recently, so please, add your details to it. CLICK HERE (http://www.emailmeform.com/fid.php?formid=126342%22%20target=%22_new) for the form.
I too once had a Nova with a cross flow engine with twin weber carbs, sounded gorgeous when it fired up.
Is your car in need of a total rebuild?

Welcome to Euro-Nova. :welcome:

MicksRedNova
30-08-2008, 10:05 AM
Hi Tony - Welcome to a growing band of enthusiasts for this lovely car. Some people on the site have owned, or been involved with, the Nova for 15 or more years. It's possible that someone will recognise the registration and be able to give you some info.

Where in the country are you? And what part of the country did you get the car from?

Best of luck with your project. See how big a project mine was on my homepage below.

Mick

jimcub
30-08-2008, 11:54 AM
Welcome you are amongst friends and soem with experience, what condition is the nova in as a lot of work is so wide spread.:welcome:

If you search you will find some one is building a Nova with a cross flow engine, there are bits and bobs about almost anything to do with Novas on here.

mikehunt
30-08-2008, 01:30 PM
hi peeps i live in leadgate in County durham
oddley the car has been in a garage for twenty years just along the road from me in the same village

the car is in quite good condition main parts are the electics brakes and suspensoin and interior
will post more pics when time alows because at the mo i need to finish my mini maros then i shall have all the space i need to take it to bits completely if need be
i have also added the car to the register

cheers tony

Alzax3
31-08-2008, 06:24 PM
Hi Tony, my first Nova was a yellow 'W' reg, but sadly not that one! Welcome to the forum! :clapping:

Spacenut
01-09-2008, 07:10 AM
Hi Tony, welcome to the forum. I see from the pictures that your car is attracting an audience even in its current state - you'll have to get used to it, it happens a lot :D

Judging by the registration I would suggest that this is an Elam Mk1 Nova. You may find a manufacturers plate attached to the drivers side bulkhead in the underbonnet area. We think we have deciphered the serial numbers so if you have the plate the actual manufacturing date can be determined. It looks like the car was registered as a new car once it was built, which is something you could do in those days.

You've got the Mk1 Capri lights (although your light covers appear to have been savaged at some point), Woolfrace slot mags and an intact window louvre, which are becoming rarer as most people don't seem to associate them with performance motors these days (heathens).

The rear panel has been cut away to improve access to the engine, do you have the rest of it and the rear lights? I'm guessing swing axles judging by the camber of the wheels, do you know what year the chassis is?

Good luck with the refurbishment, should be good when its done!

Lauren

Alzax3
01-09-2008, 07:37 AM
Agree with Lauren, though interestingly(ish!) it's had a Mk2 engine cover fitted at some point......

mikehunt
01-09-2008, 12:11 PM
will have a look this week for the body plate
also got to have a look to my pals house he had one many years ago but never got it finished but he says he got some bits of it still in the house including a complete rear panel gear box and addapter plate for ford lumps and other bits and bobs

i have the original lights
i will get all the numbers i can from the log book and car this week

cheers tony

Simpatico
01-09-2008, 08:39 PM
Hello Tony, not a million miles away from you in Durham, but from Consett originally and family/friends still there. Not an owner sadly, just an enthusiast, be nice to see yours one day.

hildi25
01-09-2008, 11:21 PM
nice user name. I think I have heard that used for crank calls in the movies :rofl: welcome to the site. And the car looks great! good luck.