PDA

View Full Version : Dashboard ideas

bobbybrown
19-09-2008, 03:15 PM
Another long shot, but the dash in the Nova at the moment is way too big and is causing all sorts of problems, I will probably find a pot of gold at the end of a rainbow before this happens but, does anyone have an original nova dash they want rid of?
I have the under part of the dash, with the 2 recesses on it, but its cut up a bit. It can be modified to sit nicely with an original dash board easily though.

I had one years ago but I sold it to Ken if I remember rightly and now its in France!! :laugh:

jimcub
19-09-2008, 05:43 PM
Or a mould taken from an old one, I wonder who does that sort of thing :whistling:

CyCo
19-09-2008, 06:19 PM
Hmm, no idea. I wonder if anyone might know someone who knows a guy...

:laugh:

Spacenut
19-09-2008, 06:59 PM
Is there anything underneath Dan? I mean, is the Triumph dash panel covering an original dash moulding, supporting the steering column, or has it been replaced with something else entirely? If the original dashboard base is still under there you would only need to make up a simple cover to conceal any wiring and instruments, at least while you're concentrating on getting the car on the road.

Just a thought. Failing that, Nics idea of making a set of pods that clip over the steering column is a neat idea. I mean, who needs a dash?

(I'm thinking of the Siva S530 now, Neville Tricketts 180 mph masterpiece, which had all the major instruments housed in a transparent Perspex pod on a stalk in the middle of the floor - its an interesting thought - and I can drive Green Machine around without the dashboard and the cabin certainly feels more spacious!)

Lauren

Alzax3
19-09-2008, 07:46 PM
Um, if you've got the main body of the dash, is it just the pods you want, or are you after a Mk 2 or 4 top moulding Dan? If it's the pods I've got the mould, the others I can't help with! (yet :twisted: )

bobbybrown
19-09-2008, 10:29 PM
I've got the bottom of the dash that the pods go on to, but its half cut up and isn't very good.

Alzax3
20-09-2008, 08:42 AM
Unless it's really butchered, I'd just glass it back together - Ant's one was a complete dog's dinner, the last owner had sawn off the leading edge and wiper-well, removed the centre section and cut more holes in it than you could shake a stick at. Now look at it (in his pics section.) It's not difficult and you've got Steve for advice and support!

jimcub
20-09-2008, 09:42 PM
Erm............. dare you ask Steve what could be done with a dash. :bleh:

bobbybrown
21-09-2008, 12:01 AM
That was an idea, but I've asked Steve for a lot of help lately and don't want to over do it.
Speaking of Steve, I must return a set of spanners I have sitting in my kitchen that he lent me to help with a clutch change recently! :oops2: :sorry:

jimcub
21-09-2008, 04:22 PM
Spanners in the kitchen :argue: , no woman to throw them out I guess. :laugh:

Spacenut
21-09-2008, 06:51 PM
I guess soup lasts longer if you try and use ring spanners :sorry:

The other end would be OK as a blunt fork though :D

bobbybrown
21-09-2008, 07:12 PM
:laugh: how did you know about the soup? :giveup: