PDA

View Full Version : Exeter kit car show

Alzax3
27-09-2008, 07:43 AM
Um - it's in Exeter Mick!.......

Sorry it's at Westpoint - here's a link: http://www.car-shows.co.uk/pdf/exeter_show_guide_2008.pdf and over 2 days - have they managed camping this year?

We skipped it last year because it was p*****g down without let up and I couldn't be doing with a two hour drive each way in those conditions. If we're looking at a get together then we'll be there this year, it is my local proper kit car show after all (with several cars, we can keep an eye on each others wheel bolts :tongue: )

I see that Blackjack cars are having a stand again, after meeting up with Richard Oakes at the last show, it would be great to have more than one Nova for him to give a look over!

Well done Paul, look forwards to seeing your Nova!

club membership no: S017

MicksRedNova
27-09-2008, 01:47 PM
Um - it's in Exeter Mick!.......

Duh - No I said WHEN not where. Anyway thanks for the link but that only showed last years dates.

Here is the link to this years details - its on 15 / 16 Nov:

http://www.car-shows.co.uk/exeterkit.htm

I plan to make it but probably just for a 1 day visit, I'm well past camping in November.

Mick

Alzax3
27-09-2008, 05:47 PM
So you did, oh well, I must need glasses :tongue:

Alzax3
30-10-2008, 07:33 PM
Well is anybody intending to go? If it's going to be hit by the extremes of weather we've just had in that area - I won't, since even the 4x4s seem to have been unable to cope!

jimcub
31-10-2008, 12:28 AM
Too far for me and I intend when the weather breaks to start on some needed work on the Nova.

Spacenut
31-10-2008, 07:52 AM
Hi Alex - inasmuch as Green Machine is an all-weather Nova I would like to go, but like Jim I am about to embark on a bit of much needed mechanical work (transaxle rebuild and front upright replacement programme, the former an engine-out job), so I am unlikely to be on the road for this one. I'll try and catch up with Richard Oakes another time (there is much I need to know... :D).

I'll keep an eye on this one - if there is still an engine in the car on the day I might nip over - its within range!

Lauren
Membership #S032 (I think)

angelsdevil040
01-11-2008, 12:06 PM
Hi All,

I hope to make it for one of the 2 days but not staying over night, might even take the chance and take the Nova with me, depends on the weather.

Paul

jim73vw
04-11-2008, 10:52 AM
Afraid not Paul,

I have also kit the 'tinkering' stage of the year - Nena's roof came off last weekend to help with working on her, and a list of winter tweaks is being drawn up.

Great news on getting the Nova on the road, hope to see it before you sell it !

Spacenut
14-11-2008, 07:04 PM
Seeing as the weather is loooking reasonable tomorrow I'm up for a quick blast out West. What's the final tally then? Alex? Anyone else bringing their Nova?

Unfortunately NovaNigel can't make it due to family commitments, otherwise we would have had another "event" :D

I'll give the Green Machine a checkover tonight, but I've put over 120 miles on the clock this week (80 yesterday alone) and all appears OK. Its 144 miles so well within range, but mainly A-roads so it'll take me about 3 hours to get there.

Maybe see somebody (Alex? Anybody?) there!

Lauren
#S032 (I think)

Alzax3
14-11-2008, 07:16 PM
We decided that the weather wasn't looking too brilliant for the week, (still forecasting drizzle tomorrow) so we put the time into reflooring the garage rather than prepping the Nova. Which does mean that I've got a comfy garage to work on the various projects but also that the Nova isn't fit for showing at the moment.......Sorry Lauren!

Spacenut
14-11-2008, 08:34 PM
No worries Alex - looks like its just the Green Machine then!

Drizzle? The national forecast is showing dry with sunny spells tomorrow... oh well, After all the rain and spray last night I'm ready for anything :D

Lauren
#S032 (I think)

Spacenut
16-11-2008, 04:18 PM
You're right - it did drizzle a bit on and off through the day. Just as well, your West country seagulls were using Green Machine for target practice :D

I took the DVD camcorder with me, I'll upload some footage when I finish editing... and boy, does it need editing!

Pictures, as always, to follow much later...

All in all it was a good show - at least 250 cars outside, busy indoors, never got drizzly enough for a brolly (just as well, I didn't take one). 288 miles round trip, using approximately 30 litres of fuel... 36 mpg, not bad for mixed motoring on the A303.

Lauren
#S032 (I think)