PDA

View Full Version : re-registration

acid2000
08-10-2008, 07:14 PM
hi, ok i have my nova and am not sure what i am going to do about registering it, so here is what i am going to try! i have 2 log books for 2 diffrent beetles 1 for my nova and one for the chassis of my old nova which got broke and the shell was for sale. im going to send the log book of the scraped beetle off to dvla to get it changed to a rebodied beetle. has anyone got any suggestions on what i need to put with it or what to send?

if i can im going to try to say it was incorrectly registered 30 years ago do you think this will work?
any suggestions welcome
good thing is if it goes tits up then i can officially claim that ive scrapped it not affecting my nova i have now :twisted:

Ben
08-10-2008, 08:59 PM
Hi acid2000,

Just send your Beetle v5 or v5c off to dvla and state nothing. It becomes a rebodied beetle anyway. :rofl: HI-FIVE!

Somethings should not be in the public domaine :twisted: :lmfao:

Your V5c will do the same job for your Nova and if it is tax exempt you save that too. :cheers:

Do you have 2 Beetle V5's ?

Ben

acid2000
14-10-2008, 05:01 PM
:clapping: :clapping: yes i have 2 v5's both with different number plates

bobbybrown
14-10-2008, 08:56 PM
I wouldn't bother declaring it as a rebodied beetle, mine is declared as a beetle, and some other people I know have declared theirs as beetles too and there is never a problem come MOT time.
They just test it as a beetle as afterall it is, a rebodied beetle.

dorsetlad
14-10-2008, 10:57 PM
Same for me Dan ... registered as a beetle...... with a rear VW beetle badge 98-08 black and raised chrome on the left hand side.......
..... in the middle a 16V badge and on the right a Nova badge. let them pick the bones out of that one.
Terry