PDA

View Full Version : not been around

jestertopdog
12-10-2008, 06:20 PM
Hi all, just a quick few lines to say hello again. Not been on for some time, new bikes been taking up some of the time (triumph speed triple 995i) and other jobs/Diy/kitchen etc.
Poor nova has been in store for the last year and has gone down hill fast!
The container roof has been leaking and so the rusty red waters been dripping on my paintwork and stained it so some time was spent compounding to get it off.
The front brake seems to have stuck so it was good fun getting it moving out of its resting place.
The cars never ran right since i got it so i thought i would investigate, found out that there was a small tube in the top of the carb next to the choke flap missing,(wounder were thats gone???) put another in and had some success, setting the rest of the engine up and then KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK i think i now now where its gone (on top of the piston) oh well nobody said it would be a quick fix to get the car done.
Enjoyed your vids Lauran nice to see the cars on the road instead of looking sorry for themselves. All the best everyone Jestertopdog
PS thanks for the reminder Dan.

bobbybrown
12-10-2008, 08:19 PM
PS thanks for the reminder Dan.
No problem, glad it worked :wink:

Spacenut
13-10-2008, 07:14 AM
Hi there Jester, welcome back. Don't give up hope - you think Nigels nova looks good now, but he resurrected it from a virtual wreck, and Green Machine was pretty scruffy when I first got it and remained that way for over 10 years!

People like to make out that owning a car is all about getting from A to B, and looks don't matter. Judging by some of the monstrosities on our roads it would seem that many take their own advice far too seriously. But even when its standing still, languishing in a garage/shed/container(???), a Nova is still a universally admired shape that you never tire of looking at, even if you can't drive it yet - keep at it, it will all be worth it in the end :D

Lauren