PDA

View Full Version : Exeter Kit Car Show 2008

Spacenut
21-11-2008, 08:49 PM
I went along to the first day of this 2-day event last Saturday. Not bad for a season finale and Green Machine performed faultlessly on the 288 mile round trip.

I got a bit of video footage and I've just finished editing it, so here it is...
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=e-TE9aEgUro

I'm afraid its a highly personal view of the show - I'm afraid I ignored all the 7evens and the Murtaya. Just when you think the market can't cope with any more front engine open 2-seaters, along comes another... front engine open 2-seater.

Me? I'd rather have a Berkley B65 any day - if I could get in the thing that is!

A couple of guys in a Scimitar SS1 summed it up nicely - "even after all these years, the Nova is still the most exotic car here". Nice one guys, I couldn't agree more :D

Pictures to follow rather later...

Lauren

CyCo
22-11-2008, 12:36 AM
Some great cars there Lauren. Ah, did you find out what that exotic green thing was at the beginning of the video, and who owned it? :tongue:

Spacenut
22-11-2008, 06:42 PM
Some great cars there Lauren. Ah, did you find out what that exotic green thing was at the beginning of the video, and who owned it? :tongue:

Sadly no - I hung around all day waiting for the owner to make an appearance, and they never showed up :stupid:

Other worthy cars that had left by the time I got the camera out were an early 60s TVR Grantura, a 1970 TVR Tuscan V6 racecar, and a purple Triumph TR4a with chrome wires. As well as the Mini Marcos, another ugly for Alex's thread was a very original looking (read beat up) Scamp and a Hustler Hellcat, the most basic of William Towns Mini-based utility vehicles. The driver looked like he was wearing a diving dry suit, and his girlfriend looked like she had a number of layers on :wink:

Lauren