PDA

View Full Version : It only took two years...

letterman7
26-12-2008, 04:00 AM
Well, not quite, but with some help from a new Christmas gift, I was able to convert my VCR taped interview from the Carlisle '07 show to DVD finally...then to YouTube: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=sthMFVAAwmU
The quality speaks from the videotape quality...and you get to see how goofy I am in person....gad...looking back...what was I thinking?

Kym
26-12-2008, 11:46 AM
Sweet Rick

islandman
26-12-2008, 11:57 AM
Great Video Ric, and very nice looking car :clapping:

I love the mirrors, but can you actually see over the rear arches with them? what did they come off of and are they electric.....mmm.. tempted :crylol:

letterman7
26-12-2008, 01:01 PM
Thanks guys! When I actually saw the interview for the first time (it took nearly a year for it to air) I was really horrified to see how much a goober I was on film :laugh: . Dave, the wing mirrors are/were from a mid '90's Chevy Caprice - the car that looked like an upturned bathtub. They are electric and did provide some view over the rear arches. The only problem was they didn't turn far enough outwards, so I wound up using those little stick-on wide angle mirror pieces in the corners. If I did it again with those, I'd fabricate a 2" block underneath the base to force them further outwards.

CyCo
26-12-2008, 01:07 PM
Goober...goober? Didn't know people still used the word.

Still, you got some airtime. I haven't. lol

8p

thestevie
26-12-2008, 02:32 PM
people dont use the word anymore

but it is still a good vid
makes me wish i was home so i can start driving mine around

Nic
26-12-2008, 03:06 PM
I honestly don't see a goober there. I see a guy who is very knowledgeable about his car and its history and just happens to love talking about it.

but this guy, Brian, IS a goober.
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=-M7Kx6-6rwc

Ben
26-12-2008, 05:58 PM
Hi letterman7

You will never be a goober as you were just stating fact. For people that are in the know.
You did say It looks a milion dollars. Jon from France was very inpresed with your car.

Ben