Ben
30-12-2008, 01:38 AM
Hi all,

I did tax Gizzmo today online. :rofl:
Date: 12/29/08 14:36:04
To: mwtiley@blueyonder.co.uk
Subject: Confirmation of Tax Disc Application

THIS IS AN AUTOMATED EMAIL - PLEASE DO NOT REPLY AS EMAILS
RECEIVED AT THIS ADDRESS CANNOT BE RESPONDED TO.

Confirmation of Tax Disc Application

Thank you for using DVLA Vehicle Licensing Online (www.vehiclelicence.gov.uk (http://www.vehiclelicence.gov.uk)).
Your application for a new Tax Disc has been successful.

Reference Number: 1063 7463 9159 6954
Application made on: 29/12/2008 14:35:27
Tax Disc Period: 12 months
Tax Disc Duty: 0.00

The Tax Disc and receipt should arrive in the post within 5 working days.

Please save or print this email confirmation.

Should your tax disc not arrive after 5 working days, then please phone us on 0870 850 4444 and choose option 4 then option 1 and be prepared to quote the Reference Number.

Just to confirm that you will be entered into the prize draw unless you have chosen not to enter the Prize Draw by ticking the appropriate box during this transaction.
Details of winners will be posted on www.dvlaprizedraw.org (http://www.dvlaprizedraw.org)

The original of this email was scanned for viruses by the Government Secure Intranet virus scanning service supplied by Cable&Wireless in partnership with MessageLabs. (CCTM Certificate Number 2007/11/0032.) On leaving the GSi this email was certified virus free.
Communications via the GSi may be automatically logged, monitored and/or recorded for legal purposes.

I am a member of my owne dencatay :rofl:

Ben

Spacenut
30-12-2008, 09:15 AM
Brave man - I tried to use the automated process myself last year, it failed at the point where the system checks the vehicle registration, presumably because it could not recognise the make and/or model. So I did it the old fashioned way, albeit with a gap in taxation, which I was trying to avoid (I need to be able to prove several years of continuous road use if anyone starts to query my choice of chassis :whistling: )

So - on the road in 2009?

Lauren

Ben
30-12-2008, 10:29 PM
Hiya Laruen

I understand what you are saying. :wink: You do still pay road tax though?

Gizzmo is down as a rebodied Beetle. Has pasted two computer MOT tests. Well today MOT man has a pc for MOT time.

Ben

jimcub
30-12-2008, 10:38 PM
I use my local post office 200 yards away, always like to see the look when he gets to the " Oh it's free " bit.