PDA

View Full Version : The 2009 Show Season is Nearly Here

MicksRedNova
31-01-2009, 11:25 PM
Hi all

Below are the show / run dates (provisional list from CKC) for some of the 2009 events:

Detling (European Kit Car Show)............................ Sun 12 / Mon 13 April

Stoneleigh (National Kit Car Show)......................... Sun 03 / Mon 04 May

Kit Car London to Brighton Run ............................ Sun 7 June

Newark (National Kit Car Festival).......................... Sat 20 / Sun 21 June

Goodwood Festival of Speed ................................ Fri 3 - Sun 5 July

I plan to get to as many events as I can this year - with a Nova :clapping: just the MoT to get and I'll be on the road.

Mick

jimcub
01-02-2009, 12:22 AM
I plan to be at stones Sun & Mon camping, the others clash with events I am tied to.

angelsdevil040
01-02-2009, 10:53 PM
Hi all,

As Mick has said, the new show season is about to start. i have been contacted by Detling (last Friday) and have asked for the same club pitch as last year (by the entrance i have been told). Will confirm when i have a reply.

Will be contacting Stoneleigh soon to make sure we get our usual pitch there as well.

I will leave newark till a bit later in the year but will arrange that nearer the time.

I know i didnt make it to many shows last year but will be at detling (both days) and stoners (both days) this year and maybe Newark, we'll see.

Paul F003
Chairman

jim73vw
02-02-2009, 03:18 PM
Sarah and I, and Nena intend to support the Club at Detling and Stoneleigh for sure, and probably Newark.

superbbird
09-02-2009, 09:00 PM
Have the pitches at Detling & Stoneleigh been confirmed yet?

I need to poke work with a big stick to make sure I get the time off :clapping:

Elaine
F014

MicksRedNova
09-02-2009, 09:32 PM
All
On the Detling show advertisement site there is a clip from Kent TV that includes a shot of the Club Nova/Avante Gazebo and Lauren's Green Machine alongside the All Car Club pitch. It's about the middle of the video when the presenter has come to the conclusion that Se7vens are as common as muck. See the video here:

http://www.car-shows.co.uk/detlingkit.htm

Also if I can get Dan to oblige I have PDF files of the 2009 Detling show guide and the Site layout plan which I will ask him to upload here :clapping:

Click here for 2009 Showguide PDF (http://www.euro-nova.co.uk/clubnova/detling_show_guide_2009.pdf)

Click here for Detling Site Plan PDF (http://www.euro-nova.co.uk/clubnova/Detling_site_plan.pdf)

Mick

Spacenut
09-02-2009, 09:46 PM
:rofl:

Green Machine is only in-shot because I was parked next to the Ultima! Still, as you say at least our intrepid reporter realised the error of his ways in the end :D

Lauren
#S032 - I think

bobbybrown
09-02-2009, 10:35 PM
Mick, email them over to me.
dan@euro-nova.co.uk

bobbybrown
09-02-2009, 10:37 PM
I see you already have!
Consider it done :wink:

MicksRedNova
09-02-2009, 11:19 PM
Thanks Dan :notworthy:

angelsdevil040
11-02-2009, 10:12 AM
Hi all,

Just to keep you up to date.

Detling has been booked, just waiting for confirmation of pitch position (have asked for same as last year)

Stoneliegh has been booked and confirmed same pitch as always.

Will keep you informed as the news comes in.

Paul

MicksRedNova
11-02-2009, 03:58 PM
Hi Paul

I recently spoke to John Cook (organiser of Detling) and he told me the only way to guarantee a particular pitch was to email him a copy of the Detling Site Map with the preferred location marked on it, otherwise we would get whichever pitch he stuck our club marker in. If you need his email I can PM it to you - the site map is located above in this forum thread.

Also I had occasion to speak to one of the ladies from Grosvenor (Stoneleigh Show) this morning, who said you had been in contact, but she seemed to think we had pitch 54c which is not our usual one. Please confirm.

Thanks.

angelsdevil040
14-02-2009, 06:17 PM
Mick,

I have spoken to both Jon (Detling) and Vicky (Stoneleigh, Grosvenor), I have also filled in the required paperwork for both and they were sent off today to confirm our attendance.

You are right in the pitch thing. It shoud be 55 and this is on the paperwork i have sent to Vicky. She has already told me we would be on our usual pitch. I will confrim this with her next week.

I have no idea which pitch club nova has had recently, so can you email me or Jon with the correct pitch layout. He did say that he would put us on the same one as last year but best to make sure.

And just before i contact Newark, Have you already dont it?

Paul

MicksRedNova
02-03-2009, 10:16 PM
Hi all

For anyone heading to the Detling Show I have just had confirmation from the organiser that Club Nova will have the same pitch as last year :clapping: - first on the right just inside the entrance. Thanks Mike and Elaine for providing the marked up map to show where we needed to be.

For anyone not in the club, but wants to join, come along and sign up :cheers:. Warm welcome and refreshments probably available.

See you there.

Mick

MicksRedNova
13-05-2009, 08:24 PM
Hi all

Is anyone intending on doing the London to Brighton Kit-Car Run this year.

It's on Sun 7 Jun. Start at Mercedes-Benz Museum, Brooklands and take a planned countryside route, stopping at Bentley Motor Museum, and ending on Madeira Drive, Brighton.

It is expensive - entry is 79 per car including driver and passenger. :shock:

Mick

Spacenut
13-05-2009, 09:09 PM
I did this run last year as you know, and it was a fantastic experience, but this year I have a clash of shows, so I won't be able to do the L2B this time. It is very dependant on the weather - it would have been a miserable experience if the sun hadn't been out.

Have fun!

Lauren (S032)

jim73vw
16-05-2009, 10:43 PM
it clashes with a Goodwood breakfast club I intend to attend, and cost is a little steep. Will be doing the Brighton breeze London to Brighton Cruise in October though, all Vee Dubs.

I think Kevin, aka Nova Ice is doing the run though, so a Nova will be there,

Spacenut
17-05-2009, 05:45 PM
Yes, I've had a clash with Goodwood for last year - Supercar Sunday, an easy blag for the Nova (I got in no trouble two years back). That's my fallback if the weather is miserable, otherwise I'm off to the Auto Italia concours at Stanford Hall to slum it with a bunch of Ferraris and Lambos... :D

Still, that means that Novas will be represented at Goodwood, L2B and Auto Italia all on the same day - "putting it about" indeed :clapping:

Lauren