PDA

View Full Version : How About This Then Lauren.

Big Birds Car
17-03-2009, 10:01 PM
Alex you will have to do the honours but have you seen the LISTAIR DASH on evilbay. Surely it could be sorted to fit a Nova, would need a bit of framework at the rear. How does the box now work is it that you can just turn the diff over and the gears are reversed?

jimcub
18-03-2009, 12:28 AM
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/LISTAIR-DASH_W0QQitemZ130293913673QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAutom obiles_UK?hash=item130293913673&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1683%7C66%3A4%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C 240%3A1318

letterman7
18-03-2009, 11:50 AM
And sold with a BIN. And here I thought it was some sort of dashboard....

Big Birds Car
18-03-2009, 12:56 PM
I wasn't really thinking of the whole package just the running gear looked interesting for a possible mid engine Nova.

Never heard of it myself but was looking at kit cars and it popped up, can see why you thought it might be a part rather than a whole vehicle due to the title.

Simpatico
18-03-2009, 06:54 PM
So that's what happened to the Pelland Sports. I heard it went through a few incarnations and ended up as this, never saw a pic though. Much prefer the original buggy-esque style. I think it would be a great shame to butcher this just for a Nova chassis.

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=554895

Spacenut
18-03-2009, 10:16 PM
The Listair Dash was a later incarnation of the Pelland Sports that Peter Pellandine brought to the UK from Australia in 1979. It was also known as the Ryder Rembrandt for a while. Also available with a removable hardtop with gullwing doors.

Pellandine designed his own De Dion rear suspension for the car, but it used the Beetle front beam unmodified. The Beetle transaxle was reversed (you take out the final drive cluster and flip it over to make a mid-engine 'box, just like the first Hewlands) and had a choice of engines including the Alfasud boxer.

The downside, from the Nova re-use point of view, is that the chassis was a full fibreglass monocoque.

The Pelland Coupe (later the Square One Kudos) was developed from Pellandine's steam record car, which was partially sponsored by the Australian government, but ultimately didn't run. Pellandine re-engineered the slippery monocoque for the Alfasud engine and gearbox, with classic Triumph Spitfire/GT6 front suspension, and the rest, as they say, is history...

I saw a Listair Dash at Castle Combe one year - it was running a highly modified Alfa boxer engine with an alleged 220 bhp. It was some sort of company demonstrator, but it didn't seem that fast, particularly round Quarry corner :D

I too have a liking for the buggy looks - sort of cross between a Deserter GT and a Meyers Tow'd...

Lauren

Simpatico
19-03-2009, 11:56 PM
In one of my old Kit Car mags Steve Kirk did some restyling sketches which looked great - I have my collection ready to scan now, so one quiet night I'll post it up here.

CyCo
20-03-2009, 08:43 AM
Wow, love that! Would have it as the orange version in those photos if I could.

:D