PDA

View Full Version : Brake pedal spring help

vpogv
06-04-2009, 02:56 AM
Old pedal assembly had a busted brake spring. New one has a good spring but I cannot find anywhere to help me out with how to position it.
http://www.pogspalace.com/gallery/data/media/26/DSC02206.JPG

I do know that the part of the spring clips to the brake pedal where the master cylinder rod connect (shown on the picture), but where does the other end go (the end that is at the bottom right of the picture)?

I know this might be more of a US thing, but again any help is appreciated.

nbb350
06-04-2009, 03:25 AM
That "loose" end of the spring wire to the right in your picture needs to be installed so that it is "wrapped" underneath the pedal assembly. So, in your pic, pull the assembly out, rotate the loose end of the brake spring wire clockwise until its under the pedal assembly and then tighten the assembly back down. The "hook" end to the left should fit nicely into the groove on that pin right next to it.

vpogv
06-04-2009, 03:41 AM
Then the only thing stopping the brake pedal from flying forward is the stop plate bolted to the floor, correct?

nbb350
06-04-2009, 04:32 AM
I believe so, yes. It's been about a year since I worked on mine, so this is all from memory (pedals are buried under stuff right now...car is filled with it's own parts...). I think when you install it, the pedal goes forward a ridiculous amount. then you install that stop to fix the position. i think...

vpogv
06-04-2009, 01:39 PM
I think when you install it, the pedal goes forward a ridiculous amount. then you install that stop to fix the position. i think...

I think my pedal will be on the floor when I install it, but that's the way it goes. Thanks NBB! :thumbup: