PDA

View Full Version : Newark 2009 - Who's coming?

MicksRedNova
03-06-2009, 09:21 PM
Hi all

Just had this from the organisers of Newark after requesting an update of where the Club would be sited:
-----------------
Hi Mick,
The club plan is complete and will be on the website shortly. We have put you near the Bandstand. It is not a grass area now it has been ploughed up and surfaced with compacted aggregate topped by road planings, making it well drained and level. At the back amongst the trees is still grass.
Regards
Lesley
-----------------

So we have the same area as last year, but it's more like hardstanding than it was, which is OK. I'm planning that we camp at the back along the fence line like last year, although the show rules do appear to state that camping is only to be in the designated camping area, so we'll have to play it by ear.

I'm going up with MicksRedNova, support vehicle and wife. So who else is going to be there?

Don't forget that as members of the Club you can park your KitCar (Nova or similar) on the pitch and get refreshments during the show. But in order to buy the correct amount of food I need a view of who will be coming, on what days and whether they are staying over and wanting to be fed.

Please respond here, or PM me or respond to the email that I will send shortly.

Thanks

Hope to see you all there, and that the sun shines :crossfinger: .

Mick

jim73vw
03-06-2009, 09:27 PM
Hi Mick,

Sarah & I with Nena and support vehicle intend to be there, just need to get the back bumper back on !

Would be keen to camp near the cars at the back of the pitch if we can sort that,

See you there,

bobbybrown
03-06-2009, 09:37 PM
I should be there, 99% chance at the moment :crossfinger:

Will just be on the Sunday though and will be a flying visit if work want me in on the evening, only for a couple of hours if I'm needed at work.

MicksRedNova
03-06-2009, 10:13 PM
:oops2: I forgot to post the date details here (although they are elsewhere on the forum).

The show is on Saturday 20 and Sunday 21 June 2009. Here is a link to the Show website for more details: http://www.kitcarshow.co.uk/index.php

A few of us will be travelling up on the Friday afternoon to set the Club stand up, you are welcome to join the convoy (up the M1). Details of times and where to meet wil be posted here soon.

Mick

jimcub
03-06-2009, 10:47 PM
taking 13 children on holiday that weekend sorry, now thats a bad number aint it. Good job there will 1,000 others there.

Spacenut
04-06-2009, 07:05 AM
Hi Mick - I'm hoping to whistle up on the Saturday, all being well. Its about a 360 mile round trip, which is in-range. Unfortunately (and as usual this year) I have a clash of events and Sunday I am hoping to do another scenic drive with Alfaowner.com down to the national motor museum at Beaulieu which coincides with Victory Wheelers' hot rod and custom drive-in. If the weather is nice this should be a good day out.

So provisionally you can factor me into the cucumber calculations for Saturday :D

See you there (hopefully)

Lauren

superbbird
04-06-2009, 12:04 PM
Hi Mick

Mike & I are all set for Friday afternoon & will be camping for the whole weekend. So lots of cucumber & celery please :clapping:

Elaine

MicksRedNova
04-06-2009, 09:59 PM
So lots of cucumber & celery please :clapping:

You can't fool me, pretending to like salad :nonono: My night vision lens caught 'someone' stuffing Jaffa Cakes in the middle of the night at Stoneleigh 2009, and it looks a lot like you :bleh:

http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q49/MickAtHome/JaffaCake_Stealer.jpg

Mick

superbbird
04-06-2009, 10:16 PM
.......... :whistling:

Alzax3
05-06-2009, 09:55 AM
Mick, that looks more like she's eating a piece of coal! :slap:

Spacenut
05-06-2009, 05:39 PM
...or something off the barbeque perhaps :whistling:

MicksRedNova
07-06-2009, 10:13 PM
Hi all

I have received confirmation from the organisers that we will have the same pitch as last year along with the following information.

Please note that the Classic KitCar hall is very close to the Club Nova pitch, so if any of you want to get in free, and have your Nova in the hall, apply through the Newark website.

Also note that the 'theme' for Saturday fancy dress is 60's 'Mini skirts :wink: and Union Jacks' so at last I'll be back in fashion. :laugh:

http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q49/MickAtHome/NewarkShowInfo1.jpg

http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q49/MickAtHome/NewarkShowInfo2.jpg

http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q49/MickAtHome/NewarkShowInfo3.jpg

http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q49/MickAtHome/NewarkShowInfo4.jpg

See you there - don't forget to let me know if you're coming.

Mick

jim73vw
08-06-2009, 03:59 PM
HI Mick,

So what is the Club plan re cars on the stand and camping plots ?

Whilst Sarah and I are really keen to attend the rules provided do infer we cannot camp with the cars. A lot of the club have spent significant time and money on their cars, and may feel uneasy re this, myself included.

Are we aiming to bend the rules !?

MicksRedNova
08-06-2009, 08:35 PM
Are we aiming to bend the rules !?

I couldn't possibly endorse that - but feel free to pitch your tent near mine and Mike & Elaines by the bandstand :wink: . I intend to claim ignorance if anybody queries.

Mick

bushboy
15-06-2009, 10:13 PM
I am afraid I will have to sit this one out.
My parlimentry allowancw claim has been rejected, 2nd mortgages for eurekas don't count apparently??

Bushboy

MicksRedNova
15-06-2009, 11:32 PM
Hi all

Just had an email from the show organisers who are moving clubs away from the Bandstand area due to poor surface. We will now be at the opposite end of the showground - but have been given permission to camp on our stand.

See below for the revised Site Plan - the Club Nova position is circled.

http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q49/MickAtHome/Newark09club_Revised.jpg

See you all there :cheers:

Mick

MicksRedNova
16-06-2009, 09:32 PM
Thanks to everyone who has responded to my request to identify if they are coming to Newark.

It looks like we will have 4/5 Nova's over the weekend: Nena, Purple Passion, MicksRedNova, Nova Ice and Spacenut and about 10 of us will be camping between Friday & Sunday.

If you are coming, with a Nova or camping, and I've missed you off the list please PM me.

See you all there. Mike will post the 'Rendezvous at Services' details shortly.

Mick

paul-k
17-06-2009, 04:41 PM
Hi all, cant make saturday but myself, wife and Nova should be there on Sunday. Hope to see you then.
Paul K and Wendy

MicksRedNova
17-06-2009, 09:09 PM
myself, wife and Nova should be there on Sunday. Paul K and Wendy

Thanks Paul I have added you to the list.

Also had a PM from Dave / Islandman who is planning to attend with Nova (subject to MOT), so we could have a car line-up to rival Stones if everyone makes it.

Well done and good luck to everyone. Have a safe journey.

Mick

jim73vw
18-06-2009, 03:40 PM
and the bad news is....................

The Mighty 'Oak' are the band again for Saturday :sorry:

MicksRedNova
18-06-2009, 09:17 PM
Does anybody know if Ben and Gizmo will be coming?

Ben - are you out there mate ?

Mick

bobbybrown
18-06-2009, 09:19 PM
I may be there Saturday instead of Sunday.
Will know for definate tomorrow.

Ben
18-06-2009, 09:47 PM
Hiya Mick

I will be there with Josh and Jordan.
Gizmo not playing she has got the hump. :cursing: A brake problem that is not constent.
After work I am building a swiming pool for the boss. I will make my way to Newark. :crossfinger:

Ben

MicksRedNova
22-06-2009, 11:51 AM
Well, Newark 09 has come and gone.

Congratulations to all those who made it, with or without their Nova. We had an excellent turnout on both days despite the weather being a bit British, especially on Friday night and Saturday when it seemed the new Gazebo may take off.
On Sunday the sun came out and the wind died down so we could all put on sunglasses and sit back to enjoy it, although some of us were wearing sunglasses for other reasons after Saturday night, :thumbup: (personal note to self, stay away from rabbits carrying men, with home brewed alcohol at future shows :bye2: ).

We had an excellent turnout of cars across the two days, probably a new record for Newark in recent history. So thanks to: Mike and Elaine (Purple Passion), Kevin (Nova Ice), MicksRedNova, Lauren (in the Green Machine), Dave (Islandman) who came over from Singapore for the show, Phil in his Avante, James and Sarah (Nena) and Paul and Wendy (in the Red Nova NUN).

We also met Dan in the flesh and had a few new members join up, so welcome to them too.

See you all next year.

Mick

jasoncambs
22-06-2009, 05:27 PM
(personal note to self, stay away from rabbits carrying men, with home brewed alcohol at future shows :bye2: ).

:whistling: it was a good batch this year :cheers:

has anyone got a pic of my rabbit costume ?? i have not seen any yet :D

MicksRedNova
22-06-2009, 10:39 PM
(personal note to self, stay away from rabbits carrying men, with home brewed alcohol at future shows :bye2: ).

:whistling: it was a good batch this year :cheers:

has anyone got a pic of my rabbit costume ?? i have not seen any yet :D

Jason, thanks to you and your crew for kicking off a lively night. News of my inability to last the night after 'only' a few beers and a couple of shots has travelled as far as my daughter who called me a 'light weight' :nonono: . Thanks for some great laughs. I have posted a pic of rabbit / man with Mike over on the Newark photo thread.

Mick

jim73vw
23-06-2009, 06:16 PM
Hi all, a note of thanks should definitely go to Mick and Sue for the catering and cucumber calculator,
Cheers :cheers:

bobbybrown
23-06-2009, 07:15 PM
A note of thanks from me too, Sue and Elaine both make a great cup of tea :clapping:

MicksRedNova
23-06-2009, 07:20 PM
Hi all, a note of thanks should definitely go to Mick and Sue for the catering and cucumber calculator,
Cheers :cheers:

Hi Jim
No thanks necessary - we enjoy doing it (well Sue was not too impressed with being stuck in the support van in the traffic jam round the M25 on the way up) but it's great to see everyone and feel like we are contributing to the Club.

It's a combined effort from everyone who attends and we all deserve a collective pat-on-the-back for braving the elements and (the mighty) OAK for a second year. :crylol:

Mick