PDA

View Full Version : Avante Prima MK1 for sale on Ebay

fenderman
27-06-2009, 07:21 PM
Hi there, I've listed my Avante for sale on Ebay yesterday and thought I'd let you all know in case anyone is interested.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0416184734 (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&item=270416184734)

Cheers, Tom

avantemark
29-06-2009, 12:15 AM
she has great potential !!!
should be fairly straight forward to put back together after paint of course
my Avante is a good bit more complex but at the moment the more wires i remove the better it gets lol
good luck
Mark

jobuguk
06-07-2009, 08:38 PM
Sold for £1,800 :clapping:

JemP
07-07-2009, 09:34 AM
Flipping 'eck!! Are these mini-beasts beginning to appreciate as people here of their rarity??

jobuguk
07-07-2009, 09:34 PM
"Appreciate" I'm loosing the will to live with my Avante at the moment? £1,000 and i've just about got a rolling chassis without engine :confused1: left the chassis for a bit now, brought the body home the other day and put it in the drive to my wife's dismay thought i would have a play with that for a bit. Any way jemp it doe's seem as if they are getting more popular.
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2557/3699153834_d9c2e495b8_b.jpg

djee87
28-09-2010, 12:42 AM
Hi all,

I hope this doesn’t bug too many of you by doing this, but I thought that it might be the best way to grab your attention :-P

Please see related post for more info: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2834 (http://www.euro-nova.co.uk/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2834)

To cut it short though I’ve really got the kit car bug, and since buying my first Avante I’ve become more and more interested in finding out as much as possible about the Avante specifically. So if you have any photos of when this particular Avante was on eBay, know the whereabouts of this Avante or who may have once owned it then please let me know! :-D

Cheers everyone.

Dave

Alzax3
30-09-2010, 09:31 PM
Okay Dave, it's beginning to bug me, I think you've posted it enough now and we'll start treating new ones as spam.....you can always bump the source post if you want to keep it in the limelight!

bobbybrown
30-09-2010, 09:47 PM
The beginning part of this thread is over a year old :confused1: :coat:

djee87
03-10-2010, 10:41 PM
Sorry guys, I was just trying to see if anyone knew where the Avante's which have been sold on eBay within the last year or so might have ended up... :sorry:

Francksp
04-10-2010, 07:38 PM
Now I understand why they all went live again- thought the site had a bug at one point

Never mind- it's probably the only way to track down the cars- that said has anyone ever thought of asking the DVLA how many Avantes and Novas are still on their records?

Paul

Spacenut
04-10-2010, 08:45 PM
I'm not sure the DVLA could tell you - given that half of them would be registered as a Beetle, and the other half variously as "VW Sports" etc., as well as the odd Nova and Avante...

Francksp
04-10-2010, 11:42 PM
Hi Lauren,

Your right I hadn't thought of that- come to think of it, they think mine's a Lancia!

Paul

CyCo
05-10-2010, 07:01 AM
I think you'll find the main reason the DVLA won't tell you how many Nova's/Avante/Eagles are out there are because of privacy laws.

bobbybrown
05-10-2010, 08:48 AM
Also they hardly have a clue what they are on about :laugh:

JemP
05-10-2010, 09:19 AM
You could try the DVLA, raise a Freedom of Information (FOI) request with them. You can do it online here http://www.whatdotheyknow.com/ Just search for the DVLA.

However, Lauren is right, it wont show thaty many Novas or Avantes or Eagles as they do not need to be registered as such, particularly as most of them would have been registered many years ago before various rule changes. So mine wouldnt show up, as its a registered VW Coupe body.

Bobby Brown is spot on though, they havent a clue what they're doing, or what they're talking about. Its best to leave them alone in their own little world.

BTW, did the guy who hadnt SORN'd his car for many years get it sorted ok?

djee87
05-10-2010, 12:29 PM
DVLA eh, what a nightmare they can be :-P haha

I've sent a few letters off to the DVLA in recent years and most of the time they havn't been that helpful... When I first bought my yellow Avante I sent a letter asking about how many Avante's were registered on their database, and I was just fobbed off with a typical proforma reply going on about companies which release vehicle data on their behalf etc etc :-/

Funnily enough though, after finding out about the Alto and purchasing the moulds, I have since written another letter to them requesting information, specifically about the Alto and that red space-framed one of Nick Daynes. Still not heard back from them yet, which might mean they are actually looking into it this time? I've also sent off for the full history of my Avante's too, which should be interesting :-) Has anybody else done this for their Nova/Sterling/Avante?

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring/OwningAVehicle/AdviceOnKeepingYourVehicle/DG_4022067

Yeah you're all right about how these kits were registered being a problem - only a handful were registered properly as an 'Avante', the rest are all mostly 'Volkswagen' which makes tracking them down very difficult. The other ones I've found have been registered as:

'Alfa Romeo', 'Avante 1500 Coupe', 'Avante Sports', 'GJA Sports KIT', 'Other British Makes', 'V W Beetle Avante', 'Volkswagen Avante' and of course Pauls 'Lancia' :-)

Dave

Spacenut
05-10-2010, 12:48 PM
I have since written another letter to them requesting information, specifically about the Alto and that red space-framed one of Nick Daynes. Still not heard back from them yet, which might mean they are actually looking into it this time?

DVLA are so snowed-under now that your request has gone to the bottom of a very deep in-tray. However, the one and only time I did request a data search (on the Barracuda), I didn't receive a reply for a couple of months, and DVLA were so apologetic for the delay that they refunded my payment, which was nice of them :D

I haven't tried using their vehicle tracing service so I would be interested to know how that works out - the Alfaschassis Avante would be quite special if you can find it!

If the system works I will be banging in the details of several cars I would like to know the whereabouts of, including the Brigantis Marzal replica and maybe have another look at the Warp 8, seeing as the Stratos Zero seems to have gone for good :(

Lauren

CyCo
06-10-2010, 12:42 AM
You could also try with the Insurance companies, asking them how many Novas/etc are on the road, but again, they'll probably just quote privacy laws at you. We've tried the same here in Oz, in our case it was the club asking about tracking down all the Eurekas and giving them free identification plates. Still no go.

djee87
06-10-2010, 10:22 AM
Yeah I realised that it might also be the fact that they are so busy with other things that it's at the bottom of some huge pile :-/ Still keeping my fingers crossed though! If it works then I'll let everyone know!

They should get back to me with something hopefully, as I have applied for my own Avantes' history via the V888 form and £5 a pop :-) That should be interesting too...

Data protection and privacy laws do get in the way these days I must admit.

Dave

Spacenut
07-10-2010, 12:50 PM
Data protection and privacy laws do get in the way these days I must admit.

True... but freedom of information now means that you can ask the question in the first place, a service that was not offered before...

...interesting new set of smilies we've got now... thanks!

:afro:

Lauren

bobbybrown
07-10-2010, 02:00 PM
I thought they may bring a bit of humour :party: :outahere: