PDA

View Full Version : Not e-bay - but soon will be I am sure !

jim73vw
16-07-2009, 09:43 PM
http://com3.runboard.com/bsussexvwownersclub.f3.t12175

Found on the Sussex VW owners club site

Alzax3
16-07-2009, 09:45 PM
That's an early roof - still got the Tee handle......

Nic
16-07-2009, 10:21 PM
and it appears its been stripped of it's gel coat... or its REALLY dirty.

nbb350
17-07-2009, 01:50 AM
or would they ever cast one withOUT a gelcoat? Is that even possible? sure looks rough... :confused1: :puking:

CyCo
17-07-2009, 02:58 AM
Nah, that's paint. Probably acrylic over enamel. That's pretty much what mine looks like up close, all hazed & cracked (ok maybe not quite that rough), just photographs really well. Besides, he does say "there is alot of paint on the body".

Spacenut
17-07-2009, 08:26 AM
I agree - the close up of the nose shows the build up of very rough grey paint over what I take to be the original red gel coat (why is EVERY ADD Mk1 with the sunroof panel red?).

Its an ADD car because you can see the Bedford CF lights on the light panel - and all ADD cars had manual canopies with the T-handle (and interior overcentre catches to keep the front of the canopy from bouncing open).

Its obviously been registered at some point as well, although whether the registration is now on a Beetle or still on a Nova is another matter. The package is certainly complete (even the rear louvre is there somewhere), so would make an ideal starting point for a build.

If I didn't have enough headaches already, this body kit package with the Alfa V6 chassis that was on earlier would make a wicked ensemble, especially if the registration could be retained :whistling:

Lauren