PDA

View Full Version : Here's your chance, Lauren!

letterman7
28-07-2009, 11:33 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Michael- ... 06.c0.m245 (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Michael-Jackson-Moonwalker-Stratos-ZERO_W0QQitemZ220457590048QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Ca rs_Trucks?hash=item33544bdd20&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245)

*just got a confirmation email from the seller - it is one of Saunder's creations!

CyCo
29-07-2009, 02:11 AM
Great photos!! :D

Spacenut
29-07-2009, 08:07 AM
Yes - that's the Andy Saunders car. I read that it had gone to the 'States (gone back home, essentially, as the movie car was actually constructed there), but clearly only to gain further profit :annoyed:

At least the hideous F1 style exterior mirrors have been removed (the triangular apertures in the rear of the front wings are where the original mirrors went, but they are only painted silver on the Saunders car). It may have been taxed, MoT'd and road registered in the UK, but I doubt that any MoT man other than Saunders himself would touch it - there's just too many aspects of the design that don't comply, even by 1970 standards. Perhaps in the US it can have a life on the road, it would be a trailer queen over here :(

I really love the audacious design of this car, and I would give a lot to turn up at a show with it, but most of all, I really want to drive it!

(Also, I'd want to complete the interior which bears no resemblence to the original, get the side windows opening properly, replace the plastic windscreen with a real one, fabricate a factory-style concealed wiper and replace the FIAT X1/9 engine and transmission with a Lancia Fulvia 1.6 HF...)

Thanks for the link, Rick - at least I get a chance to see the car again :bye2:

Lauren

Spacenut
29-07-2009, 08:14 AM
HOW MUCH?????!!!!!!!?????

$100,000, reserve not met?

It only sold for £17k at the RM auction. I guess the Micheal Jackson connection is the big selling point now, but what a rip-off! Saunders only paid £10k for the bodyshell, which was all there was of the movie car - it never had an engine, or even proper road wheels...

Lauren

Peter
29-07-2009, 10:23 AM
Great concept car but it must be a total basta*rd to drive, much less get in and out of, our droop snoops are bad enough at times.