PDA

View Full Version : Nova Mk1 in Middlesex

Alzax3
29-08-2009, 08:40 AM
Slightly hacked about body, but great starting point with some of the messy stuff done, has screen (with strange comment about mould, I guess he means use the one he has as a mould?) and correct V5......

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VW-Nova-Kit-Car-p ... 286.c0.m14 (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VW-Nova-Kit-Car-project_W0QQitemZ180401638660QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK _CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item2a00c68d0 4&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14)

CyCo
29-08-2009, 03:34 PM
Original windscreen which is probably in possible to get unless you had the mold, this is included with this car.

I'm guessing he's trying to say that the car has it's original windscreen which is probably impossible to get unless you have the mould.

Does look like a good basis for a rebuild though.

Spacenut
29-08-2009, 06:54 PM
Yes, that's how I read it. Looks like another ADD Mk1 with the factory sunroof, which would be consistent with the 1973 registration. I got a bit excited when I saw the seats, I thought at first that they were the original factory low-back items, but the seller says they are just Cobras...

As you say Alex, its a good start for someone.

Lauren

Big Birds Car
29-08-2009, 08:24 PM
Lauren, I know it takes all sorts but why were you nearly orgasmic with the thought of the original bucket seats? are you on about the glassfibre shell seats with a bit of foam padding covered in plastic fabric by any chance?

Spacenut
31-08-2009, 12:49 PM
I only said I got a bit excited... :blushing:

Big Birds Car
31-08-2009, 02:46 PM
Come on Lauren women getting a "bit" excited is the same as nearly orgasmic, well it is in this household. Just see what a "bit" excited looks like when there might me a new pair of shoes or a new handbag in the offing. :rofl:

Anyway you didn't answer the question why?

Spacenut
31-08-2009, 04:44 PM
It's just the rarity value - try finding an ADD Mk1 that hasn't lost its original factory bucket seats (because a previous owner thought they could do better), rear light panel (because a previous owner thought they could do better), rear valance (ditto, plus the Porsche/Rover/Ford/whatever engine wouldn't fit), etc. etc.

The only unmolested Mk1 of this vintage that I have ever seen was the lime green one that was on ebay last year.

Its just so easy to throw stuff away, and cut big holes in everything without giving any though to how those gaping gaps are to be filled in again :(

This one is case in point - with most of the rear bodywork cut out above the light panel, presumably to allow a very tall engine room to breathe :zipped:

I will try and make sure that I only show "mildly interest" in such things in future :D

Lauren

Big Birds Car
31-08-2009, 08:15 PM
aaaarrrrrh! bless, go ahead and be very interested even orgasmic if you wish, just wondered why you liked the seats so much.

Oh by the way I still have the original glass shell seats and the rear light panel with bedford cf lights in it. Just so you know.

Mind you the rear light panel has to go because of the C5 rear lights I've installed (and yes the rear end looks different because of the lights, vents and the different engine but hey each to their own I suppose) but I'm still toying with the original seats even though I have found some good replacements that aren't bedford rascal items.

bushboy
31-08-2009, 11:38 PM
............................ but I'm still toying with the original seats even though I have found some good replacements that aren't bedford rascal items.

And they are?????????????????????????????

bushboy

CyCo
01-09-2009, 05:16 AM
Most 'reeks running around in Oz have the original seats that I know of. Simply becaise they're the best fit. No Bedford Rascals down here. There are a couple with the MX5 seats I believe, but they're the rarity, not the other way around.

Big Birds Car
01-09-2009, 08:51 AM
And they are?????????????????????????????

Have to keep some things under wraps :wink: well actually I have only sourced one of the seats so far and don't want everyone and his dog stopping me getting the second one.
I have now bought five sets of seats none of which fit the bill and I have lost money buying on evilbay only to find out that the measurements I was given were not the ones asked for and I have had to travel hundreds of miles to get them (no lie did 180 mile round trip for one set alone). When I manage to get the second seat I will reveal all but I still may go back to the original seats but get them re-covered.

As for bolting directly to the floor that is a :nonono: for my family anyway as we all use each others cars no matter what they are (the kids can't drive the Burb but the wife does) and the height range is from 5'1" to just over 6'2"

Spacenut
01-09-2009, 01:11 PM
No Bedford Rascals down here

You must have loads of Suzuki Carry's around though, surely? Perhaps the seats aren't as comfortable...

Lauren

CyCo
01-09-2009, 04:27 PM
Err, you know, I never thought of asking if they're available from another brand. :stupid: So the Suzuki Carry. Sure, we have those.

After a bit of looking I find this Carry Camper (http://cgi.ebay.com.au/99-Suzuki-Carry-Van-Mini-Motorhome-Campervan-Camper_W0QQitemZ320416242614QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAU_ Caravans_RVs?hash=item4a9a4bdbb6) on eBay.au

Those seats do look like those from the Rascals I've seen you guys use. Do that look right to you??

And how do you mount them to the chassis? I know this last one really depends on the individual, but do the seats themselves require modification?

Spacenut
01-09-2009, 09:21 PM
Those seats do look like those from the Rascals I've seen you guys use. Do that look right to you??

Ooh, I dunno - I was thinking of the earlier model (80's) that Bedford made under licence - the seats were narrow recliners (usually covered in really coarse fabric) with built in headrests... Those ones look far too comfortable :clapping:

According to Wikipedia, the model I am thinking of is the Suzuki Super Carry

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Suzuk ... 071114.jpg (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Suzuki_Super_Carry_front_20071114.jpg)

I guess its a "Super" because it was fitted with a 1.3 litre engine!

Sorry about the mix up :stupid:

Lauren

CyCo
02-09-2009, 02:10 PM

Ooh, I dunno - I was thinking of the earlier model (80's) that Bedford made under licence - the seats were narrow recliners (usually covered in really coarse fabric) with built in headrests... Those ones look far too comfortable :clapping:

According to Wikipedia, the model I am thinking of is the Suzuki Super Carry

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Suzuk ... 071114.jpg (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Suzuki_Super_Carry_front_20071114.jpg)

I guess its a "Super" because it was fitted with a 1.3 litre engine!

Sorry about the mix up :stupid:

Lauren

Ah, those!! Now I know what you're talking about. I used to call them "lunchboxes", because once you put your packed lunch in, it was full! lol

Should be able to source seats for those somewhere here in Oz. I'll keep it in mind, but I'll probably just recover my original seats.