PDA

View Full Version : Very smart Mk1

Alzax3
14-09-2009, 08:18 AM
Notts, has skirty body-kit, Rover SDI rear lights? (possibly Rover indicators too) custom dash, unfortunate but small spoiler, pop ups, metallic grey, is on the road and classified-ad so you knows what you're going to pay (£4.5k)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NOVA-KIT-CAR_W0QQ ... 286.c0.m14 (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NOVA-KIT-CAR_W0QQitemZ260476513976QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAutomo biles_UK?hash=item3ca59c2eb8&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14)

ydeardorff
14-09-2009, 11:27 AM
I like it, very nice.

I would go a different way with a few things though personally. But over all looks very good.

Is that a dash from something else? it looks production quality!

I lke the seats too!

Simpatico
14-09-2009, 12:42 PM
Not keen on the exterior (indicators from an Opel GT?). The interior however is very smart in an 80s-tastic kind of way.

Spacenut
14-09-2009, 01:00 PM
Doesn't this car belong to one of our members? I'm sure I remember marvelling at some of its bodywork before... Shame its up for grabs, looked like a keeper - but clearly hasn't seen much road use...

Lauren

islandman
14-09-2009, 03:14 PM
yes, that i one of the best factory looking dashes I've seen, be interesting to know what it is out of :confused1:

An no the indicators don't do it for me either :sorry:

Nick Smith
14-09-2009, 04:50 PM
Hi all

You have a good memory Lauren, I posted "Just to say Hi" in the Euro-Nova Welcome section. The sale of this Nova, after some 20 years on and off work, is a sad day but I'm doing it to make room to rebuild the first Nova I made which is sitting in a barn in Lincolnshire. As you can see from the mileage I have clocked up maybe I like building them rather than driving them, other projects also have something to do with it.

Thanks to all for a great site.

Best regards

Nick

jimcub
14-09-2009, 09:46 PM
A good deal of work gone into this to make it what the owner likes, his views may not be to everyones taste as may yours not be either. Still I like most aspects of it and it is nicley turned out. :clapping:

ydeardorff
15-09-2009, 04:40 AM
I talked with Nick via ebay, and hes been working on these cars for more than 30 years.
He combined a center console and switch gear from (He thinks) a Datsun 120Y found other there with you all, with the stock dash. He did a very good job of it! Im very impressed!
It just goes to show, Lauren,... this is what Ive been saying for along time about not re-inventing the wheel. He combined a couple of pre-existing items to make something new. The look comes out looking like it was meant, and designed that way! All I can say is Bravo!
Very nice fellow, Im looking forward to sharing ideas with him!
Too bad their a pond in the way, Id trade a couple of pints just to see it in person!

Spacenut
15-09-2009, 12:53 PM
The sale of this Nova, after some 20 years on and off work, is a sad day but I'm doing it to make room to rebuild the first Nova I made.

Ah yes, now I remember - you've got two Novas, the silver-grey one and a stock Mk1. At least you are selling one Nova to realise the funds to restore another, which is ample justification in my book :D

I actually don't mind the Opel GT indicators - I once considered using these (or the modern 2nd generation Toyota MR2 equivalent) when I was thinking along the lines of using pop-up headlights. I seem to remember one of the co-founders of CCC (can't remember if it was Norm or Cecil) had a Mazda RX-3 rotary powered Sterling that used these running lights to good effect.

Good luck with the sale Nick!

Lauren

CyCo
17-09-2009, 08:10 AM
Certainly worth every cent. It's a great looker, and a unique car within a small group of cars.

:cool1: