PDA

View Full Version : Engine Start Aerosol

Phill
21-09-2009, 02:09 PM
Here's an ideal christmas present to give to any of your classic car friends
http://www.startyabastard.com/index.php

CyCo
21-09-2009, 02:20 PM
Used to use WD-40 to help start people stalled on the side of the road before EFI was everywhere. Just remove the air filter and a quick spray around the throat of the carby and Bobs your uncle. If WD-40 (or similar) wasn't handy spray deodorant or hair spray worked a treat. As long as it's marked flammable.

My guess Startyabastard is a similar concoction to WD-40.

JemP
21-09-2009, 05:01 PM
I use Bradex Easy Start sprayed up the air filter pan. I like the idea of this new aussie stuff, but it would be better if you went to spray it and it just shouted out "Start Ya Bastard!!!" It wouldnt work, but it would be fun, and just as useful as my can of Bullshit Repellent I have near my desk just in case my boss wanders over :)

jimcub
21-09-2009, 10:13 PM
just as useful as my can of Bullshit Repellent I have near my desk just in case my boss wanders over :)

All I ever had was empty cans, they just don't hold enough these days. :bleh:

bushboy
21-09-2009, 11:14 PM
When I first read the caption I thought it sounded Australian. I was laughing like a hiena and my wife came over to see what it was all about. She didn't get it.

I had a start ya bastard moment this morning, but mine is more battery related, expecting the same tomorrow morning.

But I do like the idea of a spray can that says the words for you......watch out for me on dragons den, ther is a cut in it for euro nova :whistling:

bushboy

ydeardorff
22-09-2009, 03:39 AM
Used to use WD-40 to help start people stalled on the side of the road before EFI was everywhere. Just remove the air filter and a quick spray around the throat of the carby and Bobs your uncle. If WD-40 (or similar) wasn't handy spray deodorant or hair spray worked a treat. As long as it's marked flammable.

My guess Startyabastard is a similar concoction to WD-40.

In my broke teenage years, I had a dirt bike that refused to run on gas, nothing I did worked, so I popped the air cleaner off and rigged up a can of wd 40. It worked great :clapping: , I got about 3 miles before it fouled the plug. LOL :giveup:

thestevie
22-09-2009, 02:10 PM
I had a start ya fatherless person moment this morning, but mine is more battery related, expecting the same tomorrow morning.

bushboy
spray the battery with it

i do like the start ya fatherless person girls though. i think thats a nice touch.

bobbybrown
22-09-2009, 03:03 PM
But I do like the idea of a spray can that says the words for you......watch out for me on dragons den, ther is a cut in it for euro nova :whistling:
Martin, for some reaons I will think of later, I'm out. :crylol: