PDA

View Full Version : Seats and Steering Wheel

benherron
17-11-2009, 01:38 AM
I'm starting to collect items for the winter part of my resto..... seats and steering wheel are two items on the list.
Thought I'd ask on here/eagle forum before looking on evilbay as people trading on there generally think retro crap=increase price which is annoying.

Have asked the eagle guys if anyone has original Eagle buckets.......but thought I'd ask here if anyone else got any pair of retro 80s seats for sale?

Steering wheel wise.....again anyone got a smaller diameter wheel (thinking roughly 13 inch) to fit a 1303 shaft for sale?

Cheers Ben

jimcub
17-11-2009, 09:23 AM
You can fit almost any wheel within reason, all you need is the boss to match the wheel to the splines and shaft.
I use a 12" only because my legs are the wrong shape, I could do with a kink so my hands can get past my legs. :oops2: no kinks in a nova :please:

bushboy
19-11-2009, 09:16 PM
Ben,
I have a steering wheel you could have, I have been trying to give it to Lauren for years now but she just wont take it. I think it's 13 inch and a nice kermit green. It comes with a boss & a VW badge.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y231/bushboy554/100_1269.jpg

Bushboy

benherron
19-11-2009, 09:53 PM
I showed my misses (also doing car design so no jokes) ...... She said no.... But she already knew by my smile she'd be ignored.

How much will I have to lace your palms with? :wink:

Peter
20-11-2009, 12:01 PM
Getting 'a' wheel is no problem. the design versus cost is. Colour code the centre and recover the grip, job done.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v219/Ukhozi/inside/cockpit2.jpg
there is always the option of a movable column

g.jetson
20-11-2009, 06:12 PM
i have this wheel for 70$ plus ship

Alzax3
20-11-2009, 06:43 PM
You don't have to be stuck with Kermit green - my wheel was Mountney turd brown leather when I got it - It's now a very match-the-cars-highlight red that has been on for two or three years and is showing no signs of fading or rubbing off - leather paint is wonderful stuff!!!!!

bushboy
20-11-2009, 07:39 PM
Alex,
What's wrong with Kermit Green??? :confused1: Lauren loves it, every one on this site is slowly turning green, thankfully the steering wheel could not hear you.

Anyhow I'll be serious now. Ben if you really really want it how does 20 plus P&P sound?

Bushboy

Alzax3
21-11-2009, 08:36 AM
:crylol: Sorry I was only trying to help your sale! :whistling: :bleh: