31-01-2010, 06:10 PM
Says listed on 25th.....anyones?

http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C134624/

bobbybrown
31-01-2010, 06:34 PM
Thats Jims. (Jim73vw)

Alzax3
31-01-2010, 07:22 PM
Thought he'd gone a bit quiet, wonder what led to him deciding to sell?

bushboy
31-01-2010, 11:55 PM
Recently Married, one project leads to another, the sound of little feet????

bushboy

CyCo
01-02-2010, 04:47 AM
Jims selling Nena!! :cry:

Spacenut
01-02-2010, 08:17 AM
That's a shame. Jim has been a one-man Nova publicity whirlwind in the last couple of years. But as Martin says, other priorities can easily make the already impractical Nova an expensive indulgence. Let's hope it sells for the asking price - I'm sure its worth the money, but the marques reputation for being cheap as chips is hard to live down... :(

Cracking pictures of the car though, don't you think?

Lauren

adrenaline
01-02-2010, 10:03 AM
Watching with interest........
It would be nice to think he'd get the asking price but I'm afraid history is against him.....
I've no doubt he has receipts for at least the asking price but any 'car restorer' will tell you that you'll get nowhere near the 'restoration cost'.....
So few on the road, a design classic but still they're more 'ebay' than 'classic cars'.......
It'll be in interesting to see how it goes....a good result would mean all of our cars 'could' be worth more.... :laugh:

CyCo
01-02-2010, 11:53 AM
Well, there's hope coming. One of our club members mentioned in passing (!!) on our forum that one sold here in Sydney for $50,000!! That's a lot of clams. I've yet to get the story from him, but it sounds like it was a nicely turned out one I've only seen once before, the on with the 20" rims some here may remember I talked about a while ago. Most likely he just found the right buyer. I also know of two more that sold for around $25,000.

Peter
01-02-2010, 12:05 PM
And a half tidy SS sold in Madrid for 7,000€, (on Ebay.es) it seems the UK is fixated on cheap kit cars, it doesn't mean they are not worth the 7,000 / 8,000 asking price but for that money there are a lot of restored and classic cars as well as millions of Euroboxes for sale and of course presure from 'er in doors, doesn't help. I would be better of selling mine in bits that is for sure.

jimcub
01-02-2010, 12:46 PM
It was good of Jim to do such a good job on a Nova, will keep Nova's on the surface for a long time :clapping:

jim73vw
03-02-2010, 10:34 PM
It was good of Jim to do such a good job on a Nova, will keep Nova's on the surface for a long time

Geez, am I dead !?

Recently Married, one project leads to another, the sound of little feet????

Not to my knowledge Bushboy !

To set the record straight, whilst I am advertising the car on a few sites I am in no rush to sell. Equally I am under no illusions as to the issues of selling kit cars and recouping your investment. Believe me £7500 doesn't ! I have sold previous kits and cars close to the investment, but you always have to weigh up the 'loss' with how many years of fun tax free, and no repairs required motoring you have had.

I had firm plans this winter to fit a new custom stainless exhaust, the red 9 suspension kit and maybe even a new gearbox. None of these have happened. Time has been against me and the car has been neglected under a cover fo rmany months. I always feel bad when a car isn't being used. Chats with admirers of the car at Goodwood breakfast clubs and other classic non kit car or VW events have made me realise the car does have a keen following, and that early models like Nena are starting to generate interest. I have had a number of enquiries, many from abroad from genuine Nova fans, some of the usual crack pot overseas scams, and some interested UK followers. I deliberately placed it on a few sites, some disclosing an asking price, others POA. People have approached me with ball park offers, and have been +/- £500, so as Peter and Cyco have indicated the good prices could be coming.
Rest assured she will not be sold for silly moeny and if a buyer doesn't come I will happily MOT and insure her for show season, and see you all at Detling.

The reason for being so quiet over the winter months is the long running saga of house restoration, and a desire to get it all finished by March,

So there you go !

bushboy
03-02-2010, 11:25 PM
Jim,

So glad your still around & that Nena will be strtting her stuff if not passed on to a deserving owner.

See you at Detling

Bushboy

jim73vw
13-03-2010, 07:07 PM
hi all,

If you haven't read the update in 'Your Rides' this is to lt you know that Nena did sell, through Car and Classic's website.

The advertised price was best offer above the agreed value (done pre interior) of £7500.

Whilst I am sure you will appreciate I don't want to disclose the final sum I am pleased ot report that she did sell fro ABOVE this.

So be reassured, the Nova is deserving of a fair price, and also will sell outside of normal VW and kit car sites.

The new owner, an engineer by trade, with kids of his hands and a supportive wife drove her away today, and the money is in the bank for the next project,

Look forward to seeing Club members at Detling still, and will certainly be keeping an eye on the forums. Nena's new home is Twickenham, so keep them peeled and you may spot her,

CyCo
14-03-2010, 12:56 AM
:cry:

Peter
14-03-2010, 04:00 PM
Well done mate, just goes to show a GOOD kit can reach the asking price, there is hope for us all yet.