PDA

View Full Version : Silver Avante in Chichester

Alzax3
14-02-2010, 07:03 PM
Don't get to post many Avantes, so make the most of this one:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/AVANTE-VW-1972-OU ... 35a725ab7a (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/AVANTE-VW-1972-OUTRAGEOUS-WELL-MADE-RETRO-RARE-KIT-CAR_W0QQitemZ230437530490QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAutomo biles_UK?hash=item35a725ab7a)

letterman7
14-02-2010, 10:09 PM
NOTHING LIKE SHOUTING your entire ad. I actually had to step back from the monitor just to read it....

JemP
15-02-2010, 12:22 PM
I think this one was for sale on nova-international a few years back (there arent too many silver avantes) and it sold for less than £500 without an engine, I was going to buy it but couldn't sort out transport or storage at the time.

Alzax3
15-02-2010, 06:39 PM
OH WOW - when I posted this it wasn't written like that, and didn't mention the Google problem, so he must have chosen to re-write it like that since...... I've never managed to alter the original text once an auction has started, so I don't know how he managed it....... :dunce:

JemP
15-02-2010, 10:56 PM
I'm guessing the previous owner is the person selling the Banham below this one, its the same drive!!

JemP
17-02-2010, 03:54 PM
For some reason he's now shouting in RED and it seems to make the car less appealing

Alzax3
17-02-2010, 06:02 PM
Well there obviously is a way of completely changing your listing after you've posted it, though it hasn't worked when I've tried it. It's probably just the red shouty letters, but it does make the seller seem slightly 'full of it' though, don't know if I'd really want to buy from him.........

JemP
17-02-2010, 10:29 PM
Maybe you can change the listing prior to any bids being made, and no-one has bid on this one yet.
I just read through the add, hard work!!
It sounds like a restoration project to me, otherwise he'd invest £35 in an MOT!! And I love the bit that says it rides too high, and if you lowered it, it would double the price!! Blimey if that were the case, do it!!
And he's giving out DJH's email address!!

Spacenut
18-02-2010, 08:08 AM
Obviously his interests lie elsewhere... as do the other posted comments, all trying to bid for a 356 spider replica that's trying to look like a 959 :confused1:

The Avante looks quite appealing in silver - although I'm not so sure about the billet wheels, but that's just a matter of personal taste.

I wonder if I've seen this guy about in one of his other cars - there's been one or two buggies at local shows in the last year...

Lauren

Alzax3
18-02-2010, 06:39 PM
I've emailed him about DJ's address - and mentioned the Euro-Nova forum, so continue to be polite folks! :wink:

JemP
18-02-2010, 08:54 PM
He put it through MOT today, I'm assuming it must have passed

Alzax3
19-02-2010, 10:07 PM
Apparently not yet - BUT you were right about revising listings, you CAN do it before there are any bids..... HOORAY :D

Alzax3
21-02-2010, 05:57 PM
I've just suffered through the capital letters again...... it has passed its MOT so now is a much better buy for someone - there's a Portsmouth based Nova owner asking him a question about his Porsche replica - now who could that be? :D

Spacenut
21-02-2010, 07:13 PM
Don't do it Matt!

A 356 spider is class. A 356 Cal-look spider is still quite cool. A 356 that looks like a 959... I'm sorry, its just not right at all :coat:

Get the Avante instead :D

Lauren

mattswan2512
21-02-2010, 08:16 PM
I was just curious as to how much he would want for it! 9-10 grand im sorry but id rather go and buy another boxster and play in a real porker, even if it is the baby version there still lively and quick enough to let you know its to be respected. (especialy when you hit the m271 in southampton floor it in second and slide it sideways down the road! Thank the lord its got two lanes as i used them both) :clapping:

P.S i would not have got rid of the nova! I love that car! but having two kit cars cant hurt can it? :clapping:

Alzax3
22-02-2010, 07:57 AM
Only if you try and drive them both at once......... :tongue:

Big Birds Car
22-02-2010, 08:38 AM
having two kit cars cant hurt can it?

YES!!! or at least in my case as I never seem to get the time to do what I really want to any of them. Haven't looked at the Nova in over a year and not worked on it in nearing three.

I would suggest that if you have one that is complete and how you want it then go for it but if the first is still a work in progress then no. (only my opinion obviously and I do know that most people are more organised than me) :laugh:

mattswan2512
22-02-2010, 09:05 AM
No I shall just be sticking with the one otherwise the other half might actualy kill me. plus I only have a single garage :cry:

Vasco Da Gamer
22-02-2010, 10:06 AM
Same problem - two kit cars, one garage, one less than impressed wife....

Completely agree - don't try two 'projects' at once, only go for a second one if the first is "sorted", and even then you are likely to find that the original one will apparently start to need more attention than it did previously....

I am taking the attitude (Nova wise) that at least I have got one now, but I must accept that time and especially money will be hard to come by in the coming years - not least because my house now needs quite a lot of work doing on the outside.

Steve

Alzax3
24-02-2010, 07:45 PM
Sold, (probably) for £1927 - not a bad buy for someone!

mattswan2512
25-02-2010, 08:09 AM
That is cheap for a car that is in a very fair condition! A bit of work on the interior and you have your self a nice varient.
I hope they don't all go that cheap or I payed a bit to much for mine. :confused1:
Ah well to me it's worth the money

Alzax3
25-02-2010, 08:39 AM
Avantes, no matter how well kitted out and finished, don't seem to make the money that Novas do - and they don't make a lot compared with more mundane kits - it's a funny world! :nonono:

JemP
25-02-2010, 09:35 PM
Alex is right, these Avantes, however sexy they look, and however priceless mine is to me, are worthless really! Its such a shame, but they don't seem to be understood. I mean they're better built than Novas with substantial steel frames connecting to the Beetle chassis, thicker GRP. I think they suffer from having too many doors though :)

Spacenut
26-02-2010, 10:13 PM
I've often wondered if it is that inherent "conventionality" that puts people off. They want to see exotic machines festooned with space thrusters (well, scissor doors at least). The Nova fares slightly better in this respect :D

Lauren

bushboy
26-02-2010, 11:50 PM
I like the profile of the avante.

Agree with lauren that the doors are a bit pedesdrian. However, if there is ever room in the shed I'd fill it with an Avante

bushboy

JemP
01-03-2010, 11:16 AM
Yep, you're right Lauren, just too conventional for their own good.
I wonder when we'll see the yellow one with the fiat coupe lights back on ebay.

ChrisBailey
01-03-2010, 12:43 PM
I wish I had conventional doors! :cry:

JemP
01-03-2010, 03:05 PM
Well you know the answer?? Buy an Avante :) :) :)
mind you, I wish I had a Nova canopy when I'm struggling to get out of the Avante having driven it into the garage! Are us kit car builders never satisfied??? errrr no!!

djee87
28-09-2010, 12:48 AM
Hi all,

I hope this doesn’t bug too many of you by doing this, but I thought that it might be the best way to grab your attention :-P

Please see related post for more info: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2834 (http://www.euro-nova.co.uk/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2834)

To cut it short though I’ve really got the kit car bug, and since buying my first Avante I’ve become more and more interested in finding out as much as possible about the Avante specifically. So if you have any photos of when this particular Avante was on eBay, know the whereabouts of this Avante or who may have once owned it then please let me know! :-D

Cheers everyone.

Dave