PDA

View Full Version : 1969 Eagle SS1, in Oz!

CyCo
02-03-2010, 01:44 AM
Oz Eagle SS for sale (http://cars2.ebay.com.au/1969-EAGLE-SS1-1-of-3-in-Australia_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQitemZ160409287746).

Thought this would interest you lot. :wink:

I don't know how he knows there's only 3 here in Oz. But there can't be many. I do know of at least one other, but never managed to track it down. I fear that one may have been junked sometime ago, as someone told me that there used to be one near where I grew up, but was moved on, but they left a door behind and never came back to collect!!

mattswan2512
02-03-2010, 10:37 AM
If it is one of only three it would be a nice one to get hold off. Interior needs a bit of work but he's already running watercooled alfa engine so should go well I would of thought.

You not tempted cyco!

CyCo
02-03-2010, 11:34 AM
I am kinda tempted, but I can't afford to keep three cars.

I am hoping whoever buys it is already in the club or joins.

benherron
02-03-2010, 06:38 PM
Do we know its an Eagle with those headlights and not a Cimbria? American to Oz is shorter distance than UK to OZ isnt it?

Alzax3
02-03-2010, 10:10 PM
Advert mentions 'comes with original import paperwork' so I guess they would know from that what they had for sale?

Peter
03-03-2010, 09:48 AM
'69 Eagle SS? didn't make them untill '81. The dash is a MkIII and has the original OEM bucket seats, side windows have been chopped at the front with mirrors fitted (looks crap) and from what I read made into wind downs.
Difficult to see what Mk it is but the distance from the front of the bonnet to the nose is a good 3" shorter than my MkIII so could be a re-shaped MkII short nose which would make it mid to late 80's, or a chopped MKI or III to allow for the Alpha radiator inlet.
Jap' lift up instead of 938 pop up headlights. Apollo scoop fited onto bonnet, rear scoops still blanked off. Std VW bonnet and boot lids. Good luck changing the glass to Oz' specs. Hard enough, like impossible, to get any screens or side glass, (still got a pair of MkI going spare and short of a MKII-III). In all the discription is 90% wrong but it is the basis for a good car in the long run IF all the Oz' specs and side bars etc can be complied with it might make it onto the road..

CyCo
03-03-2010, 11:05 AM
Fair call Peter. I too his '69 Eagle remark to mean it's on a '69 Bug chassis. I've heard people refer to their 'reek as being a '71 as that's the date for the chassis.

Yeah the glass is a bit of an ask, but I wonder if he's just saying that or if he was told that by an engineer or the rego mob.

Peter
03-03-2010, 11:15 AM
I thought that might be it, wish the b*****ds at DoE had accepted mine as a '66 not given me a Q. build date and reg date are still way out unless he means re donor again.
Glass sounds like a rego mob shout to me, engineer wouldn't give a toss would he? Likewise side bars. Anyone else got them fitted in the doors?

CyCo
03-03-2010, 11:20 AM
Good point, would have been to get rego passed. It would probably pass if it went to another mechanic, which if it's bought by someone in a different area it will. Would love to see it on the road.