PDA

View Full Version : white messed with Nova in Humberside

Alzax3
04-03-2010, 07:52 PM
I remember this one being sold the first time around with spoiled canopy, present owner seems to have dismantled it then lost interest - never heard that one before :giveup: ......but here you go anyway:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VW-Nova-Beetle-Ch ... 414d8888d3 (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VW-Nova-Beetle-Chasis-Project-Kit-Car-with-Gearbox-NR_W0QQitemZ280473667795QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Cars Parts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item414d8888d3)

Peter
05-03-2010, 10:35 AM
Yet another sad case of expectations and enthusiasm exceeding capability, space, time and funds. Itís a shame so many of our cars go this way as it seems no one is going to make any more. I just hope someone with the time, space, skills, understanding partner (VERY important) and money gets it. A very rare animal.

JemP
05-03-2010, 10:56 AM
Most of us have learned this the hard way. Put your dreams in a locked draw until you get the car on the road!!
A Nova is a real head turner when its totally stock, probably a bigger head turner with its canopy than with some kind of little flappy doors.

I wager that this one will never hit the highway again. Which is a shame.

mattswan2512
05-03-2010, 02:27 PM
As I didn't build my nova am I right in thinking that the glass is almost impossible to get hold off?
If so I'm surprised you can't get it custom made although I bet that fetches an almighty price tag!

Peter
05-03-2010, 05:06 PM
Glass for Novas and SSs are near impossible, Pilkington are supposed to be capable of making one but look out for a +£500 price tag inc vat

Alzax3
05-03-2010, 06:44 PM
Not impossible at all just expensive - though I reckon with so many MPVs and 4x4s having huge glass they'd cost just as much if not more - the thing is most owners of modern cars will protect themselves from that cost with comprehensive insurance - make sure your Nova is similarly protected, and that it's agreed value is high enough that the insurer won't scrap it rather than replace the screen. (don't go mad with this - I reckon setting a silly value will only lead to later refusal to pay out......)

Spacenut
05-03-2010, 07:17 PM
No prizes for guessing why the windscreen cracked :oops2:

Nova windscreens can still be obtained new from Pilkington automotive, who have the patterns (I had one made a couple of years ago), and smaller outfits such as UROglass often stockpile screens and sell at a discount.

The Eagle SS is a different matter unfortunately - the windscreen, although identical in shape and surface area, has in fact go slightly less curvature than a Nova screen and is not interchangeable. I do not know if a pattern exists for this screen.

I assume the difference between the two is due to the Eagle needing thicker A pillars to support the gullwing doors?

Lauren