PDA

View Full Version : Anyone dealt with RJ's? Subaru swaps..

letterman7
16-06-2010, 02:20 AM
http://www.rjes.com/index.html

This link was posted on one of my dune buggy threads as a source for adding a Subaru bellhousing to a standard 091 VW transaxle to keep the Suby clutch and associated parts. Seems quite interesting, though I can't see what advantage it might have over a Kennedy conversion kit.

Dirk
16-06-2010, 07:43 AM
I have had a few bits of him, he is a very nice chap and very knowledgeable on what he does. I probably would have used his stuff if I had known about him before I got the Kennedy adaptor. I think when he gets the sump sorted that will be really good, he is having them cast rather than welded like the Kennedy sump, the last time I went down to see him the prototype was at the foundry waiting to be cast. He is a one man band and busy, so his development work take a long time to get done.

Dirk

CyCo
16-06-2010, 09:55 AM
Well, if he's attaching the Scooby bell housing to the bug transaxle, then you wouldn't need to use a conversion plate to mate the Scooby engine to the VW transaxle. Though you'd have to work out which would be cheaper, the bell housing or the conversion plate.