PDA

View Full Version : Cheddar / Mendip Cruise - Anyone Interested?

MicksRedNova
05-07-2010, 07:53 PM
Hi all Club Nova members

Some will have seen a couple of my posts on the forum recently featuring videos or pictures of the splendid roads round North Somerset. I would like to propose an event that is unlike the normal 'Show' attendances we make each year.

I have been in discussion with a camp site a few miles from my house that is slap bang in the middle of some excellent kit-car run scenery, and just off M5 Junction 22. The owners are VW friendly (they hire out restored VW campers for that nostalgic road trip) and are interested in our kitcars. They have a 'Rally Field' that can be used for Clubs to get together. http://www.acaciafarmsomerset.co.uk/

I would like to get the memberships view on holding a meeting in September this year at the Rally site. There would be a cost involved (10 - 15 per night) depending on whether you turn up in a tent or caravan/motorhome. They have excellent bathroom facilities on site.

My suggestion would be to arrive on Friday evening / Saturday morning. Go for a run out on Saturday afternoon taking in Weston Super Mare seafront, Cheddar Gorge, Burrington Coombe and Chew Valley lake. Then a BBQ in the evening - bring your own food or subsidised by Club funds (depending on Treasurers view). On Sunday morning drive down to Weston sea front and park on the sand and visit the newly opened pier. Sunday afternoon / evening - drive home.

It would be useful if I could get an idea within the next couple of weeks how many would be interested in attending, and which weekend would suit most.

4/5 September
11/12 September
18/19 September
25/26 September

If your Nova is not on the road then come along anyway and bring the family for a day out (they could always visit the caves, pier or beach if standing around talking cars doesn't appeal).

Disclamer: The Club are unable to guarantee good weather. :rofl:

Either PM, post reply here or answer email that I will send to you.

Thanks

Mick

bushboy
12-07-2010, 10:07 PM
Mick,
Sounds like a great Idea. Best W/E for me is the first one...4/5 Sep.

11/12 definately out as it is my daughters birthday party.

The last two are also OK.

Thanks

Bushboy

MicksRedNova
10-08-2010, 09:19 PM
Hi All

Thanks for your responses via email. The most popular weekend is 4th / 5th of September and the following indicated that they could (probably) make it:

Richard Aldous
Rab & Shirley
Ben & Family
Colin Potter
James & Sarah
Bushboy

and of course Mick & Sue

(also waiting for Mike & Elaine to get towcar fixed before deciding)

I would like to ask for confirmation that 4/5 Sept is still OK with you guys and request anyone else that is interested in joining in gets in touch.

I will be sending this out via email too, so happy to take responses here, via PM or email.

I want to confirm by this weekend so speedy replies would be helpful.

Thanks

Mick

MicksRedNova
15-08-2010, 01:24 PM
CANCELLED :sorry:

Sorry guys - we didn't get a large enough response to make this event happen - so it is cancelled. Maybe next year when more Nova's are back on the road we'll try again. :bye2:

Mick