PDA

View Full Version : rear valance wanted

g.jetson
12-09-2010, 03:52 PM
im looking for this type of rear valence for my car i will be having the body work done the next 2months and really want this valence on my car i will pay for shipping please pm me

jimcub
12-09-2010, 06:18 PM
That would be a Mark four, not that many made so picking one up would certainly be slimmer unless a mould is available.

Alzax3
13-09-2010, 08:06 AM
I had an unused one, unfortunately sold it on without making a mould - There will be a few kicking about as Sam made some as 'upgrades' but you'll be lucky to track one down - and even luckier if it hasn't been butchered. I COULD take a mould from my setup, which is a mix of Mk1 with Mk4 influences and loads of stainless - but I know from previous projects that it's too much work to put in to produce just one moulding.....

CyCo
13-09-2010, 08:50 AM
Heh, I not long ago put up a Rear Valance Wanted add over on our own forums. lol

Good luck!

:wink:

ant
03-10-2010, 07:13 PM
hi

i have a spare valence to sell, Alex can tell you which mk it is, let me know if you would like it

cheers

ant

ant
03-10-2010, 07:16 PM
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t177/thetruths/100_2746.jpg

here is a jpeg

Alzax3
03-10-2010, 07:46 PM
It's a 'sort of Mk2' certainly not a Mk1 as it doesn't have all the interesting hollows behind the lightboard. It would be a good start on which to mould the lower Mk4 type skirt - which is more-or-less what I did as My Mk1 rear had been heavily butchered by one of the previous owners. (also I really dislike exposed exhausts!) (then again, both the Mk4s in the photo at the top of this thread manage to have pretty visible exhaust boxes despite the skirt.....defeats the object, really! :zipped: )

MicksRedNova
04-10-2010, 08:00 PM
It's a 'sort of Mk2' certainly not a Mk1

Definitely a Mk2 - that's the back style that I started with to end up with this:

http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q49/MickAtHome/weston_beach1.jpg

I added a 4 inch filler piece to lower the valance to try to cover the exhaust. Once I have 're-engineered' the current Kadron spaghetti pipework, using the pipes that Alex gave me :thumbup: at Wadebridge, I hope to have all but the tailpipes concealed.

Mick