PDA

View Full Version : i paid 100$ for this

g.jetson
14-10-2010, 09:10 PM
i paid 100$ for this badly damaged car but it has a modified corvette rear i really just want the top and and louvers hes checkin shipping for me

CyCo
14-10-2010, 11:41 PM
What condition is the windscreen? Poor thing looks like it was in a savage accident. :(

islandman
15-10-2010, 08:24 AM
If you don't want the screen I will buy it off you, you may end up with a profit :crossfinger: :cheers:

Big Birds Car
15-10-2010, 11:13 AM
If you don't want the screen I will buy it off you, you may end up with a profit

Not to do someone out of a profit but wouldn't it cost more to ship to the UK, plus the added issue of getting it here without damage, than buying one new in the UK? don't forget that you will incur duty and VAT on shipping, purchase price and duty.

I have bought a fair amount of car stuff from the states for my cars and the cost of postage/shipping is sometimes unreal, sometimes it has cost more to ship something than the item cost to buy.

letterman7
15-10-2010, 12:01 PM
Wow... where did you find that??

nbb350
15-10-2010, 03:06 PM
I have to say, I like the way that Corvette butt looks on that car... :thumbup:

and, on a side note, I think everyone should be required to fill in their "Location" field... :whistling:

Big Birds Car
15-10-2010, 03:34 PM
on a side note, I think everyone should be required to fill in their "Location" field...

I'll have a guess and say the states :outahere:

letterman7
15-10-2010, 07:17 PM
:facepalm: You just didn't go there, BBC... :laugh:

Mr. Jetson hails from New York near Steve (yessongs) somewhat. I'd like to have the info on the car, though, where it was found and the serial number just so that it can be added to the registry... even though it's been thoroughly thrashed.

islandman
16-10-2010, 12:23 PM
N it cost more to ship to the UK, y.

oops, I didn't realise you were in the USA :oops2:

Peter
16-10-2010, 10:04 PM
"You buy a new one cheaper than ship it from the States"! BUY ONE, Really, where? I thought Nova (and even more so SS) screens were rarer than hens teeth.

Big Birds Car
16-10-2010, 10:19 PM
"You buy a new one cheaper than ship it from the States"! BUY ONE, Really, where? I thought Nova (and even more so SS) screens were rarer than hens teeth.

Keep up Peter Nova screens can be had new for about 450 Jemp is having one made at the moment for his Avante (maybe a bit more expensive than that) and a couple of people (again I think it was Jemp) have tried getting a few people together to get new screens for the Eagle but not enough wanted them (I think 10 people were needed to get them at the 450 mark).

I tried getting a Vette screen from the states as it was going really cheap but the shipping was close to 300 (due to insurance as it was a screen) plus duty when it got here, plus shippers fees and then VAT on everything to cap it off.

CyCo
17-10-2010, 07:57 AM
The windscreens for the F4 are still available, though currently out of stock the last I heard. And I think the Sport windscreen (basically the Nova windscreen), was possible to get but apparently are being made out in the Pacific Islands somewhere (cheaper manufacturer I guess).

Peter
17-10-2010, 11:47 AM
One of our SS owners had a screen made, lots a dosh and it didn't fit, like 2" out at the bottom. I wonder just how many of the 680- SSs (and Novas etc) are sitting and rotting because of screens?

Big Birds Car
17-10-2010, 01:27 PM
680- SSs (and Novas etc) are sitting and rotting because of screens?

A lot, but believe it or not 450 for a screen is not alot these days just check out the price of a screen for an ordinary car without doing it through insurance and you may well be surprised, however when an Eagle or Nova can be bought for less than that figure it gauls to have to pay out the same or more for just a screen, it's a mind thing, some people pay 2000+ for a paint job and a small fortune on an interior or an engine but a screen just looks too expensive yet it is more necessary to complete the car than most of the other items that could be cut back on.

Jemp is currently waiting for his screen because he needs it to finish his beloved project, yes it must be a blow but he knows he will get his car on the road with it or just have to sell it off for peanuts if he doesn't do it.

As for the guy you know who had one made and it didn't fit then let us know where he got it done so we can steer clear as any good glass shop should be able to make any screens from a template that fit better than that.

JemP
18-10-2010, 08:53 AM
How can you be 2 inches out???? It isnt even close, BBC is right, steer well clear!

I just phoned Uroglass about my screen, it hasnt come in yet, but yep, the avante is pretty worthless without it so i have no choice. If enough people could club together to fund the making of a buck by Auto Windscreens, then it would be possible to get the screen cost down to 200 or less. But the set up cost is something like 500, maybe Club Nova could look into this?

Peter
18-10-2010, 02:27 PM
See attached thread from the EOC board. all the horrors are there.
http://eaglecarclub.proboards.com/index ... 917&page=7 (http://eaglecarclub.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=parts&action=display&thread=917&page=7)