PDA

View Full Version : What would you like to see on the main site?

imported_admin
18-10-2010, 02:48 PM
Now that the new site is up and running what would you like to see on it. I am thinking what features as opposed to design :)

You currently have a gallery, downloads are what else?

Mark

MicksRedNova
18-10-2010, 11:24 PM
Personally I would like to see a large picture of a Nova kit-car on the top of the front page instead of the 'arty' blank backgroundy stuff, and a big logo that announces to visitors they have landed on the Euro-Nova website. I'm sure it's a 'work in progress' but at the moment it lacks identity. It's a website about KIT-CARS based on or derivatives of the NOVA. Those two facts should at least feature somewhere.

I like the new look, despite the whinge above, and look forward to seeing a more 'user friendly' repository of information, both historical and technical.

A gallery is a good thing, provided that it has some structure. A random, un-searchable collection of uploaded snaps of our cars may interest the 'passing trade' that happen by but a historical (or car specific) collection would be more useable as an information resource, which is what most of the regular users would use it for.

Thanks in advance for your efforts to drag us into the 21st century, but don't forget, without us contributors the site will be like fish and bicycles.

Mick

bobbybrown
18-10-2010, 11:42 PM
Mick, as you know, the contributors always come first before anything else, hence why the forum has been restored to the original style.

I am working on a logo myself to go on the front page as I agree, it does need some Nova branding.

Dan.

JemP
19-10-2010, 09:46 AM
Content, and more content, and if there's room, add a little bit more content. I'd like to see better navigation, its a bugbear of mine on a lot of websites that we work on, you have to guess how you find stuff, for instance, "Downloads"? No idea what they are likely to be. I like a button that says "Manuals" if I want to find Manuals. "Nova Information" for general info on Novas, and then sub menu such as "Mk Differences" which takes me to that page. We are simple spanner-wielding folk, and going to folders with zip files and PDF files is all a little techie speak.
Lots of pics of Novas (and Avantes!! :) ) as many of us use pics as reference to get ideas, or to see how something might look. I've seen things on Nova's and thought that they'd work well on my Avante, it wouldn't have FIAT lights if I hadnt seen Acids photos. I know the problems with galleries and categorising thousands of photos is no fun unless you can afford something like Scene7. I liked the way this had been started with the last gallery, into Front, Rear, Side etc.
It would be nice to provide links to users build websites or blogs - on the understanding that they provide a reciprocal link back to Euro-Nova. And also of course links to Clubnova, how to join, etc. They appear to have been overlooked.
The one neat piece of functionality that I really like is the Latest Posts database link at the top. That works well. I usually go straight to the Forum without even looking at the website, but that has already got me going to the website first, so with a website with more informative content, you're onto a winner :) don't forget that 99% of us are hairy arsed oil monkeys :munky: , so make sure it appeals to that audience :)