PDA

View Full Version : delete posts

Peter
20-04-2011, 07:50 PM
At the bottom it says one can delete posts but as yet not found the delete button, is there one?

CyCo
21-04-2011, 02:15 AM
If your post is the last in the topic, hit edit down in the bottom right corner of your post. At the top of the next window will be a check box marked Delete. Check that box then hit the submit button. Then your post should be deleted.

If there are other replies after the post you want to delete, you can't do it yourself. You'd have to notify one of the board admins and ask them to delete the post in question.

:wink:

bobbybrown
21-04-2011, 09:15 AM
There should be a small cross in the bottom right hand corner of your post, click that to delete.

JemP
21-04-2011, 09:37 AM
I dont think you can delete historic posts. Once writ they're there for all to see forever :) The little cross in the bottom corner disappears once its formed part of an ongoing conversation.

Alzax3
21-04-2011, 06:13 PM
It's difficult for Dan and me, we only see the admin version of the forum, which has the delete cross on all the posts...... until Dan finds the solution (as he always does), pm me about any that want to be removed! :D

bobbybrown
22-04-2011, 06:44 AM
Right then,
JemP is right so I will basically repeat what he has said and go in to a little more detail.

You can only delete your own posts if it is the last post in a thread, IE, if you post a message then someone else posts after you, you lose the power to delete your original post.

It is done this way so that we don't have people going around deleting random posts and having confusing threads on the forum.

If something needs to be deleted then a PM will need to be sent to Alex or myself, alternatively you can report the post for deletion by clicking on the http://euro-nova.co.uk/forum/styles/etech/imageset/icon_post_report.gif symbol on the post in the bottom right corner:

Click the http://euro-nova.co.uk/forum/styles/etech/imageset/icon_post_report.gif symbol on any post you want to report and select the following option:
Other >> The reported post does not fit into any other category, please use the further information field

Then, in the further information field state that you wish the post to be deleted.

It will then be looked in to by the admin team and we will decide to either delete the single post or the entire thread if it will cause confusion being left on the forum.

I hope this clears this up as there are a few different answers floating about for this question and this is the right one.

As Alex says, it is difficult for us to answer questions like this as we don't see the forum the way you do, we see every button on every post and have to manually select to "test out" other users permissions to see the forum how you do.

Please be assured, even though I don't post here as much anymore due to family and work commitments, I do check the site several times a day so if you send a PM or an email, report a post or ask a question on the forum, I will see it and I will respond.
It may not be immediately like it used to be, but 9 times out of 10 it will usually be the same day.

JemP
22-04-2011, 08:33 AM
Spot on bobbybrown, theres nothing worse than when people delete posts on forums after a long conversation takes place, the whole conversation then looks pretty dumb and often meaningless. This forum is never dumb, and certainly not meaningless!! I updated my laptop and needed to transfer over all my favourites and I forgot! I now have two favourites, my football team forum and Euro-Nova!!