PDA

View Full Version : Recommend A Great Online Product (Tested First)

NovaF4
07-07-2011, 02:38 PM
I think there should be a category called 'Recommend A Great Online Product (Tested First)' (or something like that), to be used for products found online that have been bought, delivered and fitted/used/tested etc and are deemed as 'great' and would benefit a Nova owner who is building a Nova or driving around in one.

The title should be simply what the product is and the content should contain a brief description about the product, a price and the website address that it is found on.

I've already found quite a few things that I could put there, some things mentioned in my build thread.

I've just bought something else which is vital for a Nova build and great value for money, so current Nova builders should know about it. I'll wait to hear about this before posting about it.

Cheers,
G

bobbybrown
07-07-2011, 07:29 PM
Sounds good, we already have a forum similar to that on the site, the useful links and tool chat forums could both be used for this.

Although, with that being said, there could be items which do not fall in to the tool category or indeed useful links, such as if the item isn't available online but rather at a high street outlet.

I like the idea Giles, new forum will appear by tomorrow.

Thanks for the suggestion.

bobbybrown
07-07-2011, 09:46 PM
Done.

Peter
07-07-2011, 10:05 PM
Might be used to condem crap products that failed or don't work like "drill anything" drill bit sets.

NovaF4
08-07-2011, 12:20 PM
Peter, I'm sure you would agree with me that that would be a pretty stupid thing to do considering the title. If anyone does do that then I would hope that the administrator would remove the posts.

The topic should be taken with the upmost seriousness as it essentially says "Go and buy this product, it works and it's very good and possibly it's also very good value."

The idea is for a Nova builder, say this time next year, to be able to go onto this topic and scroll through the hopefully long list of products listed in the subject heading until they find what they're looking for and then providing the product is still available they can have all the confidence to buy it.

G

bobbybrown
08-07-2011, 09:42 PM
I would hope that the administrator would remove the posts.
Indeed. Each forum is to be used for the purpose it is there for in the first place, any circumvention of that rule or blatant breaking of that rule will result in the posts being removed and the member being contacted personally by myself.

Peter
08-07-2011, 10:23 PM
OK, OK, OK, Jeeez, :whip: I only said. Excuse my while I remove this boot from my throat. :help: I wasn't suggesting that THAT forum should be used but rather A forum for warning other meer mortals of things that don't do what is says on the tin.

bobbybrown
09-07-2011, 06:51 AM
Peter, don't take it the wrong way :)
You actually got me thinking by your post yesterday about crap products. Many times I have read here about items that have been useless for their purpose, I do think we need an area to discuss this too, I think a juggle of the forums is in order with a new sub heading to be added, with the recommended tools forum Giles suggested earlier and your crap tools forum under that new sub heading. Ill see what I can do when I finish work today and see if I can make it all work.

They are good ideas from both sides and both have been taken on board and will be acted upon.

Alzax3
09-07-2011, 06:53 PM
We'd just have to watch that comments were kept on the non-litigious side of 'it's useless' or the site owner might end up being chased by the lawyers unhappy sellers of crap........ :coat:

Big Birds Car
10-07-2011, 10:00 PM
or the site owner might end up being chased by the lawyers unhappy sellers of crap

Surely not unless the site owner said it was crap, as somewhere there is a disclaimer that the thoughts and views etc. with in the forum are those of the people who said them and not necessarily those of the site owner (isn't there) well if not, then bung one in the front and you should be covered. :party:
I've seen one on a site somewhere but can't remember which one.

bobbybrown
10-07-2011, 11:00 PM
Yep, there is a disclaimer on the site, you can find it by clicking here (http://euro-nova.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=6&p=6#p6). It's down at the bottom of the post. I should add it to the bottom of the pages really, probably a job for tomorrow as well as the new forum and juggling about I've been meaning to do!

I'll get round to it eventually, things just keep getting in the way :facepalm:

Peter
11-07-2011, 04:29 PM
That thing that keeps getting in the way, it's called life and when it stops getting in the way it's heaven; literally! :thumbup:

Thanks for considering my proposal on the dark side of things material. :@

Of course one has to keep it to personal experience and facts rather than, "IMHO", or "I have heard", such as a general third party slagging off of a product or material and NEVER a person. :tongue:

One must have used the product first hand and the report must relate directly to that only and in fairness should include any extenuating circumstances that may have contributed to the failure such as exceeding the recommended limits, speeds or forces. :oops2:

Sometimes writing a constructive negative report is more difficult than writing a glowing reccomendation.

JemP
11-07-2011, 04:41 PM
So far, no recommendations!