PDA

View Full Version : Avante

caterham7
01-08-2011, 01:25 PM
The seller obviously didn't check the spelling against the photo he's taken...

Starting at £85, with no engine or V5 but an unchipped windscreen.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230654615320&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:GB:1123

simonglenn
02-08-2011, 01:34 AM
help help please could some one tell me if this windscreen and dash would fit my nova before i start asking the owner if he will split it and making a fool of myself

thanks
simon :crossfinger:

JemP
02-08-2011, 09:49 AM
The screen will fit your Nova almost, if it's an original Avante screen you might need to change the profile of the side posts on the canopy though, the curvature down the sides is slightly different - I have a Nova screen in my Avante. The dash on the Avante is a sad affair really, little more than a piece of GRP curved around the windscreen edge, flat on top, with a seperate T section in the middle where the dials are. I've no idea if it would fit, it probably would, but you'd most likely need to do a fair bit of additional fabricating with wood and GRP to make a decent dashboard. It loks like, in the over haqd picture, he's got some kind of centre binnacle on the dash, probably from a production car, but who knows what?

Ben
02-08-2011, 11:59 PM
Hi simonglenn

I live in Gloucester too! :cool1:

I got my first Nova when I was 18, now I have owned 5 Novas. One was a wrong one, never hit the road. I am now 42, I dont class my self as an expert but I know my way round them, just walk. :wink:

Sorry I digress, I am on Holiday at the moment. Could I pop over in my Nova to have a good chat and have a look at yours?

Ben

djee87
08-08-2011, 03:00 PM
A 'small chip in the windscreen' or completely cracked??? :-/

djee87
10-08-2011, 04:03 PM
Bad news - it's been scrapped!!! :-( Why on earth would you scrap one of these???

That's now 5 Avantes I know of which have been sent to get crushed... Unbelievable :-/

And there's only 28 left on the road and a further 5 that I can't account for from what I have figured out so far. So more may also have been 'chucked away' by now.

Dave

ant
10-08-2011, 05:41 PM
I emailed the guy but he didnt respond????????

Real shame