PDA

View Full Version : Countess

Simpatico
24-11-2011, 01:00 AM
Has this been on? Don't be drinking your tea near electrical equipment when you see the price.

http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C266611

http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/uploads/cars/lamborghini/2429322.jpg

Vasco Da Gamer
24-11-2011, 10:54 AM
Good Grief.....

Apart from the price I am astonished that one actually got finished (for a while anyway... it being a non-runner now).

We'll feel pretty sick if he/she actually manages to get that price.

Steve

Spacenut
24-11-2011, 12:36 PM
Market price for original Countach £400k - market price for original Countess £400.

Absolutely unbelievable. Still, fortune favours the brave, although I can't imagine there are too many folks out there with £10k they want to throw away on a speculative venture!

Lauren

Peter
24-11-2011, 01:15 PM
I know I champion higher UK prices for GOOD , FINISHED kit cars, (crap ones, take yer chances) but this is stupid, none runner, rust, crap wheels and that centre consul would shame most kit cars. All I can say is :facepalm: :rofl: :sorry:

Alzax3
24-11-2011, 05:59 PM
I've just got to hope they meant '£1000' and didn't notice the typo......... That would be more than enough!

NovaF4
24-11-2011, 07:45 PM
Forget the price. "The Countess" in itself is enough to be lost for words. As Craig Revell Hallwood would say "Absolute DISASTER Darling."

Whoever owns that and has it parked outside their house would be a psychologists dream subject.

JemP
24-11-2011, 09:52 PM
The price isn't a typo, its also £10,000 on auto trader!

Simpatico
25-11-2011, 08:31 PM
Market price for original Countach £400k - market price for original Countess £400.

Absolutely unbelievable. Still, fortune favours the brave, although I can't imagine there are too many folks out there with £10k they want to throw away on a speculative venture!

Lauren

In the same veign as the Durham Nova that doubled in price on Ebay, do you recall that rather nice Mk3 GT40 replica for sale last year at an ambitious £40 odd? It now with another dealer for £90k.......like you say the market is full of chancers at the moment, nothing to lose I suppose?

jimcub
26-11-2011, 10:05 AM
[/quote]
nothing to lose I suppose?[/quote]

Except your money

essexdave
26-11-2011, 10:41 AM
and street cred...... self respect ........ dignity....... all of your friends.......... :nonono:

Spacenut
26-11-2011, 05:03 PM
the market is full of chancers at the moment, nothing to lose I suppose?

I think that is it - also, people are getting more desperate to get money/x-boxes in time for Christmas. Pepper spray, anyone? :facepalm:

Mostin
29-11-2011, 05:08 PM
Hi all.

Did this chap get his car valued by the guy who owns the Nova moulds.............. :whistling:

Cheers.
Mostin.

rabs
29-11-2011, 07:14 PM
Who has the NOVA moulds any way anyone :please: anyone

RABS

LotusNova
29-11-2011, 07:21 PM
Who has the NOVA moulds any way anyone :please: anyone

RABS

Last I heard, they were going mouldy in a field down Alex's way :(.

Alzax3
29-11-2011, 07:35 PM
I only have a few of them, I think they're referring to the blokey who was trying to sell a full set for rather a lot of money, related to what anybody could make from them as a business........

Mostin
30-11-2011, 04:50 PM
Yep Alzax3 your right. I think his name was Shashi Vyas & £15,000 was banded around

There has been some chat about this on another part of this forum.

Cheers all.
Mostin.

rabs
30-11-2011, 07:32 PM
I understood that Shashi Vyas had the 'name' .... NOVA ....... but not the moulds
He was VERY VERY unhelpful when I had a problem with my first nova (1995) told me to go back to Sam Cobley ……. all I asked for was some 'Tech info'
He also had a web site where he said he was selling in Japan .... I asked when I was there, the guys in the factory where I was working, said that the Nova would not be allowed, as standard VW engine would not pass emission law’s in Japan.
I did show then the web site 'euro-nova' they liked it! but said the car would not be allowed in Japan.

Rabs

Spacenut
30-11-2011, 10:33 PM
I'm afraid Vyas' claims were just hot air - the factory-built Japanese market cars were supposed to be powered by a twin-turbo Alfa V6 or something similar, with a spaceframe chassis and "racing suspension".

I think Mostin is referring to the guy in Greece (or Cyprus, Eastern Med region anyway) who recently popped up trying to sell the moulds as a going concern for strong money - didn't the link come from Rick or one of the Sterling guys Stateside?

Clearly a different set of moulds to those owned by Vyas, which are now in Alex's safe keeping!

Lauren

Mostin
01-12-2011, 05:34 PM
Well it sounds like a couple of people had a hand in the death (sort of) of the Nova's body production.

But as Spacenut said at least there is someone (Alex) who has some moulds in his safe keeping :thumbup: & nice to see that someone can help in keeping the Nova going.

Nice one Alex.

Cheers.
Mostin.

Peter
02-12-2011, 10:42 AM
And the SS moiulds went toa guyi n Wexford but nothing known since. Another good idea!