PDA

View Full Version : Yellow Eagle now being broken for spares.....

Alzax3
12-01-2012, 05:39 PM
Now this is obviously the one that was in Lincolnshire, and while it still has an intact windscreen, it now has no documents, so I guess somebody is cloning their project? Anyway, here you go:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/KIT-CAR-EAGLE ... 2a182f15e7 (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/KIT-CAR-EAGLE-SS-BREAKING-SPARES-/180794365415?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item2a182f15e7)

benherron
12-01-2012, 09:29 PM
Same one being sold in lincoln, whole & differnet seller.....currently at 8 bids/£400? Anyway ive asked how much for the windscreen doors and side windows (to keep as spares) so we'll see what they say....

Alzax3
13-01-2012, 12:37 PM
It is the same one, there aren't going to be two with that rear end treatment, but if you scroll down the listing you'll see that they say it's now sold......

Peter
13-01-2012, 01:56 PM
It is Q158 JW so no problem getting a new V5c.

Alzax3
13-01-2012, 05:44 PM
Surely there is if that identity is now applied to an entirely different vehicle?

benherron
13-01-2012, 08:32 PM
I asked about the windscreen, doors and rear wi?dow. Reply was '£250 for the whole car...!!!'
So not helpful, doesnt seem like he wants to sell the parts separately. I wasnt playing games so said if you do sell parts to let me know prices...

Spacenut
14-01-2012, 12:38 PM
Still, at least you have a BIN price. If the windscreen is that good, you could probably justify the cost of the whole car.

Curious - another Renault engine/IFS conversion. I wonder if this one is also on its own special floorpan, like the other yellow one (which comes with a V5)...

Was this Alpine Renault-type configuration offered by the factory?

Lauren

Peter
14-01-2012, 01:00 PM
I am 99% sure it is the same car, Lauren, The chances of two MkI cars in THAT yellow with indicators in front of the headlights Same wheels, wiper, repeaters and brown filler/primer would be nearly impossible. It has had some work done on it since it was in Lincolnshire but not a lot.
No, Eagle cars only offered VW or Ford Cortina versions so a Renault version would be rare indeed, possibly a one off.
IF someone is using the V5 of Q158 JW on another SS that would be very illegal.

Alzax3
14-01-2012, 01:56 PM
You'm not listening! It IS the same car, the first one has had the listing altered to say it's been sold at the bottom - and if you look at the photos of both you'll see the same highly distinctive back end........

You're right about the illegality of course Peter, but why else would the documentation of vanished?

Spacenut
15-01-2012, 05:42 PM
Yes, you're right (sorry Alex and Peter), I can see the brown patches and rear panel are the same now.

Obviously being broken because the Q plate has been used for something else, which is a shame; there was clearly some potential here.

Lauren