PDA

View Full Version : Interesting one-off in Accrington

Alzax3
15-12-2012, 07:15 PM
Not a Kit, loosely based on a VW chassis (shame under the circumstances with the silly-powerful engine it's had shovelled into it!)(he does mention the 6-speed box so must have ditched the VW trans......) but with a body designed by someone with a bit more skill and 'eye' for a change...... Doubt it could easily be put on the road though....

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/vauxhall-vw-b ... 3ccd580c66 (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/vauxhall-vw-based-kit-car-c20let-360bhp-wow-/261143137382?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item3ccd580c66)

KEITHCANFIXIT
15-12-2012, 08:06 PM
Have seen this one before, owner tried to sell it about 12 months ago but it obviously did not reach his reserve at that time , interesting project if you have the time to commit to it..........

LotusNova
16-12-2012, 08:50 AM
Is it my eyes or does it not have a lot of suspension travel?

Mostin
16-12-2012, 05:43 PM
Hi all.

As Keithcanfixit said. I've seen this sometime ago & it doesn't seem to have got much further on. In fact they look like the same photo's or its not even moved since then.

Cheers.
Mostin.

Alzax3
16-12-2012, 06:27 PM
Is it my eyes or does it not have a lot of suspension travel?

I reckon he's approached that problem by having EXTREMELY stiff springs! :coat:

Spacenut
16-12-2012, 08:31 PM
Interesting original futurebuggy styling, but in engineering terms a bit of a gamble; in spite of the very close fitting wheelarches the springs are very soft (you can tell by the pitch of the coils). You might be better off putting cycle wings on the suspension uprights and having them move in unison with the wheels...

Calibra engine (possibly a V6, I'm not too hot on Vauxhall engine numbers) and 6-speed box are presumably cantilevered off the VW floorpan (you can see that the VW front suspension has been retained, albeit with coil-overs instead of torsion bars), but no pictures showing how this has been achieved.

But yes, not a bad shape. It's just a shame that it is doomed to being passed on from one ebay seller to another, never getting finished :(

Lauren