PDA

View Full Version : Nova for sale (sort of)

TwoOfUs
13-03-2013, 03:44 PM
Don't all rush.

In fact, I'd rather you didn't read this at all.

However, blessed (if that is the right word) with three classics and an underperforming pension plan, reality dictates that I part with two cars.

If you're interested in a 1958 Austin Metropolitan, totally rebuilt from the shell upwards, please get in touch.
Alternatively, how about a white Mini Moke from Oz?
Failing that, there's something called a Nova...

This UK car was brought back from Holland and has the original UK registration (non-Q). It's says VW Sports on the V5, if that sort of thing interests you.
Engine is a twin port 1600 Beetle, single carb. The car, which is a Mk 3 I believe, has been rewired, is MOT'd and I've spent quite a bit getting it sorted, including having the canopy made electric. Many ignition bits have been replaced and there is a new alternator and battery. It's all together but does have two jobs still to do: interior carpet and general tidying up and a respray, since the paintwork is tired. Car comes on its original undamaged Woofies (sooooo seventies!) and yes, the front screen is fine.
With the car will be new side windows (still packaged), new headlamp fairings, spare rear light assembles (hard to find Opel GT) and a new rear view camera set-up.

I'm hoping no-one will be interested because I don't want your 4000 - I'd rather sell the other two.

If anyone wants to know more, just reply to this or call/text 078 999 1 666 0.

Alwyn

Spacenut
13-03-2013, 06:42 PM
Hi Alwyn - sorry to hear you are thinking about selling the Nova. I can understand your dilemma given the very thorough restoration you've had done on the Metro, but if you had to liquidate your assets I would think the classic car market is rather more bouyant than the kit car scene at the moment, so I know which car(s) I would put up for sale!

(of course the Metro is probably more useable on a daily basis :D)

Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

Lauren