PDA

View Full Version : Road Tax

KEITHCANFIXIT
15-05-2013, 11:02 PM
Well according to the write up in this months Volksworld magazine it appears that from the first of April next year the cut-off date for classic car tax exemption will shift forward one year exactly to include all cars manufactured before Januaryn1st 1974, Which means I will save 220 a year at least as the deiced nova was one month out on the old system meaning I would have had to pay road tax under the old system for a car whose chassis is 40yrs old.
I feel like dancing in the street, strange how the simple things in life make me happy :clapping: :cheers:

Oh and sworn declarations of off road (sorn) are to be made indefinite, doing away with annual renewal, saving time and idiotic fines for lapsed renewal

Keith

islandman
16-05-2013, 10:09 AM
sworn declarations of off road (sorn) are to be made indefinite, doing away with annual renewal, saving time and idiotic fines for lapsed renewal

:groupwave: :groupwave: :banana: :bananasplit:

Peter
16-05-2013, 12:56 PM
TWO bits of good news :groupwave:
Glad my SS was LAST taxed prior to Dec 31st 1998 so I didn't need to SORN it, but for everyone else this could make quite a difference.

jimcub
16-05-2013, 01:14 PM
Going in the right direction for once :group:

NovaF4
16-05-2013, 02:38 PM
That's great news. I always thought that having to declare SORN each year was stupid. Thanks for sharing Keith.

bushboy
16-05-2013, 09:29 PM
Too late for me as I forgot & got stung for 80 one year. Have not forgotten since.

Bushboy