PDA

View Full Version : Nova for sale ????

Badwolf
25-07-2013, 03:04 PM
Hi All

I am in to minds weather to do this or not but due to a change in my personal circumstances my days working on cars look like being numbered so with this in mind I need to be a realistic with regards to completing my project :(

I bought My Nova a couple of years ago from a member off of this site as a project and since purchase have completely stripped it back to basics for a complete rebuild. All body panels are present apart from engine cover lid, which was missing when purchased.

Listed below is a quick summary of the project.

Windscreen is fine but does have a small chip on the bottom O/S of screen, which is ok as will be covered up once windscreen has been re-sealed in place.

Canopy has been fitted with a hydraulic pump but has not been tested for operating purposes. Both side windows need replacing as they are both damaged.

Tyres on alloys will need to be replaced as they are cracked due to age but the alloys are in very good condition.

The engine is seized and will either need rebuilding or replacing. I planned to rebuild the engine as it is the rare 1500cc.

Gearbox is free but will need the drive shaft gaiters replacing. I was planning on completely stripping and re-building the Gearbox.

As for the floor pan i have purchased a replacement that has new floor pans fitted as the original one is far to gone to do anything with. The new floor pans need seam welding in as they are only tacked in place but the rest is solid including the frame head. The replacement floor pan also came with complete front beam and rear gearbox setup, which i will also let go with Nova if required. The original setup is fitted with disc brakes on the front beam and drums on the rear.

Since owning the Nova i have also purchased replacement headlights from a Fiat Coupe, Rear lights from an Ulitma sport, new body to floor pan seal / bolt kit and replacement rear valance that requires small amount of attention.

I also have the V5c in my name for it, which is registered correctly.

This project is not a quick fixer upper and will require lots of hard work to get her back on the road but well worth it in my opinion.
Just to make you aware that i have just come out of hospital after having major surgery :puking: so am unable to put her back together for ease of transport for at least a few weeks.

If you require any further info please PM me in the first instance and i will get back to you as soon as i can.

To date I have spent just over 1000 on the project but am open to sensible offers.

Again as stated previously my personnel circumstances has changed, which is why i find myself having to let her go against my better judgment but have to be realistic.
I am however now on the look out for a road going Nova or nearly completed project so I can at least get to drive one on the road, so would ask if you can contact me if you would like to part with your pride and joy.

Very unhappy
Mark

MicksRedNova
25-07-2013, 03:44 PM
Mark

Sorry to hear you are not well. Hope you get better soon. Thanks fior posting the details of your car here I hope it appeals to someone and can be passed on without too great a loss.

Mick

Gaisa
02-08-2013, 03:56 PM
I'm sorry to hear about your change of personal circumstances...
After browsing your pictures, I can see the potential and KNOW whoever takes it on will have a fantastic project, I wish I could do that myself, but I'm currently unable to take such a project on (nowhere to store or work on it :( )

Rory
(Glad to to join the group, and nice to meet you guys!)

Gaisa
11-08-2013, 10:29 AM
Mark, I haven't heard anything new since your last post, I hope your circumstances are improving, but I am curious, have you managed to sell your project yet? if not, for the benefit of those here, what kind of price are you looking for?
Rory

Badwolf
17-09-2013, 08:15 PM
Mark, I haven't heard anything new since your last post, I hope your circumstances are improving, but I am curious, have you managed to sell your project yet? if not, for the benefit of those here, what kind of price are you looking for?
Rory

Hi Gaisa
Sorry for not replying earlier but been off for some time now for one reason or another.

To answer to your question no my Nova has not sold yet but i have not advertised it any where else as I would like to see it go to some one who will give her the attention she deserves.

As for price I am still unsure what she is worth as she is only worth what some one would be willing to pay for her.
I know I will not see what I have put into her to date but if I had to put a rough price up it would be around the 650 mark for all as described apart from the rear ultima sport light clusters.

Hope this helps

Regards
Mark

Piperphasetwo
10-10-2013, 12:17 PM
Hi, is the car still for sale? If it is I would like to pop up and see it (I am in Weymouth, Dorset)
regards John

Gaisa
10-10-2013, 08:52 PM
Badwolf may take a little to respond, but I understand the old girl IS still available. Just be aware that you'll need a trailer to get it home, his website links show its currently in several, cataloged, pieces

Badwolf
20-10-2013, 09:21 PM
Hi All

Thanks for the interest in my Nova to date but I have decided to hold onto her for the time being as my brother has offering to help me carry on the build when I get to the point where I need help.

With this in mind my plan is to start working on her again when I am able with help from big bro when required.

Mark

Gaisa
20-10-2013, 11:28 PM
I'm glad to hear it! it would have been a sad thing to see your pet project fall by the wayside and have someone else butcher your future pride and joy.
I would have taken more interest in the old girl myself, but my circumstances dictate the condition of any project I choose to take on, and I would need something I can get on the road almost immediately, where I would do upgrades and such on the go...