PDA

View Full Version : Sight difficulty

jimcub
17-09-2013, 12:51 PM
Hi Mods I am finding the brown a bit difficult to tell the difference from read and unread posts. Also some which have a light brown colour indicating an unread post, do not appear to have any unread post shown on the page?

bobbybrown
17-09-2013, 01:55 PM
Some of the threads may appear to be unread Jim, it's one of the unfortunate side affects of transferring to a new forum. Everything will right itself in time.

If you can be more descriptive about the brown ill try to solve it and change it.

jimcub
17-09-2013, 09:01 PM
Can it be 2 different colours for example, that would be a better contrast for the more mature novarist.

bobbybrown
17-09-2013, 09:02 PM
But what Jim?
2 different colours where?

letterman7
17-09-2013, 11:14 PM
I see what he's talking about, Dan. That was one of my concerns as well that I mentioned in an email. If you go back to the main listing, say this particular section, posts that have been previously read are a "medium" brown, let's say. Threads that don't have new posts in them (migrated from the other forum) are almost black, while threads that have new posts in them are a lighter brown, sort of the color off to the sides here. Might be somewhat difficult to change specific color sequences, though... never really fooled with it before.

bobbybrown
18-09-2013, 05:05 AM
Right. Yeah that would be tricky to say the least.
Will look in to it.

jimcub
18-09-2013, 03:10 PM
Have used the skin that Lauren has used, but what do the differences mean
grey and light orange
small green arrow at the bottom of the thread header
i can see unread posts now as the envelope symbol goes from closed to open

All looking good now when I get time I will venture further

bobbybrown
18-09-2013, 06:31 PM
Right!
threads that have unread posts inside will now show up as BLUE, this is only for the brown "Euro-Nova" theme.

Please try it and let me know if it's working.

Alex can vouch that I was trying to fix this issue at 7:30am this morning, its now 7:30pm...that took me all day :laugh:

jimcub
19-09-2013, 06:32 PM
:groupwave: