View Full Version : Getting There...

17-09-2013, 09:36 PM
Hi Dan - as others have said, thank you for all your hard work in maintaining this forum. I noticed that the migration last night was completed in around 30 minutes, which is amazing! OK, there are a few little itty-bitty things that need sorting at some point, but overall a superb effort :clapping:

Now that I have set the skin to VBulletin Default (not a million miles away from our previous colour scheme) I can more or less make out what is happening, new posts (bold lettering) etc. My gripes are really reserved for VBs own way of doing things, like differentiating between read and unread posts by a subtle change in colour from light blue to light grey, while the "look at me, I've got more than 150 posts so I must be really important" posts are bright orange, irrespective of whether they have been read or not!

OK, here's my question - in my profile under "Edit Avatar", it simply says that my avatar is disabled, and doesn't offer a means of enabling it. Am I doing something wrong, or do I not have the appropriate authority?

I am determined to get on top of this, but it is a bit like migrating to Windows 7; when you just want to get on and use it, to actually do something, everything is in a different place! It must be an age thing, I see there have been loads of new posts on the forum already, it's just us old folk who can't keep up :giveup:

Thanks Dan!

18-09-2013, 05:29 AM
Hi Lauren,
I've sorted the avatar for you :)
You were right, the appropriate authority was not set; it is now so now all registered users can swap and change their avatar at will.

18-09-2013, 09:12 AM
Now that I have set the skin to VBulletin Default (not a million miles away from our previous colour scheme)

Ditto and I agree its better :munky:
(just needed an excuse to try this new emoticon)

18-09-2013, 09:59 AM
Having just gone though all this with the EOC forum I sympathise with Dan and Alex who have done a great job, I still think the skin is a bit 'agricultural' but hey, is mine perfect, no way and I'm still tweaking it. onwards and upwards my friends. :cheers:

18-09-2013, 08:00 PM
Thanks Dan, feeling more at home already!