PDA

View Full Version : More Garage Time - But Not By Choice

MicksRedNova
08-11-2013, 09:13 PM
Hi all

Just had it confirmed that I am officially REDUNDANT. Not from my important job as Chairman of Club Nova but from my 'real' job that pays the bills :coat:.

The downside to this could be a lack of funds (Mrs P is forcing me to hand over any redundancy money and is only letting me have pocket-money until I get another job :nonono:).

However, the upside is that I should have plenty of time in the garage to do some more work on MicksRedNova over the winter :thumbup:).

If you hear of any jobs for Engineering Project Managers in the defence or technology world round Bristol - please keep them to yourself until at least February - as I deserve a bit of a rest - PS Don't tell her I said that :zipped:.

Lets hope the economy picks up and 2014 turns into a better year for a lot of people than 2013 has been.

Mick

Peter
09-11-2013, 12:02 AM
I would say, "welcome" to the 'time on your hands club', but its not pleasant being out of work, I have for 7 years and as a highly over qualified technician, as well as being way too old now, I'm stuck with it.
I say I didn't know how I found time for work with all the stuff I do now and it's true, never been so busy and I still don't get enough shed time. I know you want a break but again I hope you find another job soon.

bushboy
09-11-2013, 05:02 PM
Dam.

Sorry to hear that Mick. Been there a few times my self but have been young enough at the time not to care. It would worry me more now though as my arms are getting shorter all the time.

Hope you only have to endure a short between jobs period.

Bushboy