PDA

View Full Version : Jimcub's nova for sale

jimcub
03-07-2014, 08:14 PM
Well we all say that it will never come but to me it has and too early, I have been ill with various things since 1998 but managed to save a nova and get her on the road.
well now things have got serious and I am looking at lung cancer in the face, no know cure and life expectancy is not good. All those years of working in asbestos have taken their toll, been in hospital for 3 stays and 3 biopsies since end of January. Also had to turn down an op on my spine as I would not survive it, now have to live with that as well.

As the song goes "Always look on the bright side of life"

its on eBay with a lowish starting price, an easy fix is strip engine or bang another in and get it on the road. Stacks of spares to go with it as they are no use to me .

sorry to be a bearer of sad news :sorry:

MicksRedNova
03-07-2014, 09:05 PM
Jim

As I said to you a while back when you told me you had to let the Nova go it is such a shame and I hope your health improves. You have certainly provided a comprehensive description on eBay; I only wish I had the space for another Nova myself, and hope you get a good price for it.
Good luck.

Mick

KEITHCANFIXIT
03-07-2014, 09:07 PM
Hey man, what can one say in this situation but I am genuinely sorry to here of your unfortunate bad news, life at times can really throw us a curved ball . All I can do is wish you all the best and I hope you get good price for your pride snd joy
Take care mate
Keith

undertaker
03-07-2014, 09:23 PM
So sorry to hear this jim m8 ... If I had the cash I would buy it.. Love your nova the first time I saw it lovely car and a great guy .. Call me anytime m8 for help or a chat xxx love to family to bud xxx

carl r griffiths xxx

steve
04-07-2014, 01:19 AM
Sorry to hear that news;
All the best, I hope things make a turn for the better. Steve

islandman
04-07-2014, 06:22 AM
Jim, it's really sad to hear about your predicament and the various complications. As your nova was your passion I'm sure this has been a very tough decision to have to let it go. Hopefully it will go to a good home.

best of luck on your health issues

Peter
04-07-2014, 06:36 AM
On the Eagle forum we have had our unfair share of health related news over the past 12 months so I am sure I can speak for all the EOC guys and gals in wishing you the very best in your fight with the big C and our thoughts will be with you and your family.
So unfair when life craps on you but fight back, a positive attitude is worth a lot and I hope the Nova gets a good home.

edmorton
04-07-2014, 09:04 AM
Very sorry to hear that Jim. Puts things into perspective, to say the least.

I hope your Nova finds a good home. I'm sure everyone on here is rooting for you!

Ed.

Gmacz
04-07-2014, 09:13 AM
Never give in, there is always hope.
Good luck with the nova sale.

Mostin
04-07-2014, 03:41 PM
Hi Jim.

Sorry to hear this bad news. Try to keep your pecker up. i'm sure you will put up a fight & hope things pick up for you.

I've read your Nova postings over time on here & its clear its been a passion of yours.

Hope you get a good home for her & good price.

Take care.
Wayne.

Alzax3
04-07-2014, 06:34 PM
Good luck with the sale Jim, probably the most informative Ebay Nova sale listing I've ever read!

bobbybrown
04-07-2014, 09:36 PM
Sorry to hear this Jim, it's sad that things have worked out as you expected from our PM's a while ago, I hope things improve for you.

jimcub
11-07-2014, 08:20 AM
Well it sold and to undertaker on this forum, so it's gone to a nova enthusiast and will blossom once again.

Peter
11-07-2014, 08:24 AM
That's great, one less thing to worry about, now concentrate of fighting this monster and get better. :thumbup:

MicksRedNova
11-07-2014, 09:55 AM
Jim
Happy to hear that your Nova has a new home, but sad that you had to part with it. I hope that you will continue to share your experience and advice with users on this site and that we may yet see you at another Club Nova event; even though it would be as a 'Nova Hasbeen'.

Best of luck to Undertaker with your new purchase. I hope you will be as enthusiastic in supporting Club Nova events as Jim has been.

Mick

Gmacz
11-07-2014, 04:57 PM
Well done in getting it sold.
I thought it would have gone higher but maybe values are getting lower in the Nova world.
Brings it down to enthusiast pricing level and not on its way to Belguim.

jimcub
12-07-2014, 06:32 PM
Yea sold 2 cars this week, just left with a 740 bmw with a 4.4l V8

jimcub
17-07-2014, 04:52 PM
Well last drive in the Nova to and back from MOT and it passed, despite running out of petrol while we were there. Garage came up trumps and found a gallon, now I know the gauge does function and was not stuck it was empty.

Carl had to get behind the wheel eventually and I wish him well.

jim

MicksRedNova
17-07-2014, 05:25 PM
Jim
Well done for keeping the Nova maintained to the point of getting its latest MOT. :cheers:

Mick

KEITHCANFIXIT
17-07-2014, 06:11 PM
Result!!!! now try and get yourself better to some extent,the car has gone to a good home,and don't disappear on us novices,we still need your advice and input.

undertaker
17-07-2014, 09:47 PM
M.o.t pics guys ....

NovaF4
17-07-2014, 10:27 PM
Hi Jim.

I'm glad your NOVA sold with seemingly little hassle. I bet you were quite sad to see it go.

I'm sorry to hear the news about your health. Keep strong and positive.

Giles

jimcub
18-07-2014, 10:19 AM
:cry:So sad oh well better get on with life