PDA

View Full Version : KIT CAR events 2015?

Peter
24-12-2014, 11:07 AM
So far I haven't had any confirmed show for 2015 including Stoneleigh.:thumbdown::(

bobbybrown
24-12-2014, 01:08 PM
According to their website Stoneleigh will be going ahead

Mostin
24-12-2014, 01:54 PM
3rd & 4th of May?.....I best get my finger out :w00t:

Christmas dinner in the shed please.....

:cheers:
Mostin

islandman
24-12-2014, 03:49 PM
It better be going ahead as I've already booked my flights and they were not cheap!!:@:ermm:

bobbybrown
24-12-2014, 04:13 PM
3rd and 4th of May yes, for anyone who has a Euro-Nova 2015 Calendar the dates are marked for Stoneleigh!

MicksRedNova
05-01-2015, 10:04 PM
Just received the paperwork for Club Nova for Stones, dates correctly identified by Dan.

Day entry: Kitcar driver FREE entry, passenger 10.

Weekend / Camping: kitcar driver 5, passenger 15.

Weekend / camping ( non-kitcar) 30 each :shock:

More details in Club Nova forum soon.

Mick

MicksRedNova
17-02-2015, 10:38 AM
Just seen, via Facebook, that the National Kit & Performance Car Show is moving this year from Donnington to Castle Combe. This is good news for me as its only 45 mins from my house but bad news for those in the North who turn up to Donny as the most northerly kit show.

No dates as yet but i'll post an update when I see any more news.

Mick

bobbybrown
17-02-2015, 02:39 PM
20th June Mick, they sent me an email about it, forwarded it on to you to have a look at.

PaddyX21
10-03-2015, 02:23 PM
http://www.kentskitandcustomcarshow.co.uk/

bushboy
21-03-2015, 11:26 PM
Castle Comb retro/classic/kit action day

20th june 2015

https://www.castlecombecircuit.co.uk/events/action_display_event.asp?BookingEventID=862

bushboy

Peter
10-04-2015, 10:03 AM
Been gone and done it. Booked flights and car for 1st to 4th May and on-line ticket for the Sunday/Monday.

I will be there on Sunday if anyone is interested. I'll try to be around the Eagle and Nova sites as much as possible but I only have one day and I already have a few things to do there. See ya there or be square, (so 70s)

islandman
11-04-2015, 12:20 AM
I plan to be there, hopefully with the Nova albeit it may be on a trailer.

Question for you all. Do you think its possible to get an MOT with no dashboard in the car? I guess at a minimum I need to rig up the speedo and indicators warning lights etc... but is there any reason for them to fail me for no dashboard as its currently sitting on my bench in Singapore! :please:

Scorpion
11-04-2015, 01:09 AM
I plan to be there, hopefully with the Nova albeit it may be on a trailer.

Question for you all. Do you think its possible to get an MOT with no dashboard in the car? I guess at a minimum I need to rig up the speedo and indicators warning lights etc... but is there any reason for them to fail me for no dashboard as its currently sitting on my bench in Singapore! :please:

hi there islandman. i think as long as the instruments like speedo and warning lights are visible to the driver and fixed so they don`t roll around you should be ok. only thing is it`s not gonna be pretty :w00t:

MicksRedNova
11-04-2015, 09:47 AM
Do you think its possible to get an MOT with no dashboard in the car? I guess at a minimum I need to rig up the speedo and indicators warning lights etc
I think it depends on the 'sensible-ness' ( is that a word?) of the MOT guy. I was surprised when Ray got an MOT on a car he took on a trailer, without a running engine, and the windscreen not fitted.
I think a number of items fall into the category of 'if it's fitted it has to work' but if it's not fitted they don't test, therefore it doesn't fail. Unfortunately, a change in the law in 2012 says a speedo must be fitted, working, not have a broken glass and be illuminated. So I reckon if you gaffer tape it down but it works it should be OK.

Mick

Alzax3
11-04-2015, 06:18 PM
I don't see how you can pass with a non-running engine - that sounds like a dodgy MOT garage to me......

Peter
12-04-2015, 02:09 PM
Love to see the print out for the emissions and Db test.

islandman
12-04-2015, 02:25 PM
Thanks for all the inputs, If I can sort out the other jobs in time for Stones I may well try and put it through the MOT so I can drive it up

MicksRedNova
12-04-2015, 02:48 PM
Love to see the print out for the emissions and Db test.
Not needed on older cars. I had to ask the MOT man to shove the probe up and check my levels to check my carb tuning, as its only a 'visible smoke' check for mine.

Mick

Alzax3
12-04-2015, 07:08 PM
Yes I know you don't need to pass emissions, but with a non running engine it's not actually a car... you could turn up with no engine fitted and pass?

Spacenut
13-04-2015, 07:57 PM
Sounds like the tester is taking the "if it isn't there it can't be tested" aspect a little too literally - but in all seriousness, why not? How does not having a motive power source affect the safety of the vehicle? As long as the seatbelts, steering, brakes etc. are unaffected, you could roll the car down a hill with no problem at all!

Lauren