PDA

View Full Version : Floorpan holes

edmorton
29-01-2016, 09:28 AM
This is just for information, it might be useful to someone if, say, they're replacing floorpans or something. I've been double checking measurements recently and I thought it might be interesting to compare some widely circulated beetle floorpan mounting hole dimensions with the real thing (my friendly later cutter made up a template from the published dimensions). You can probably tell where this is going...!

I'd better not reproduce the drawing exactly, in case someone gets upset, but if you Google Beetle floorpan hole diagram then it comes pretty high up. It's a series of horizontal measurements with diagonals taken from the bottom left corner hole.

Just because it's on the internet doesn't make it true/real/accurate/trustworthy etc etc...but you knew this already. To be fair, the horizontal dimensions are pretty good, but the diagonals really aren't.

Ed

MicksRedNova
29-01-2016, 10:07 AM
You need to be wary of 2 things when googling / using Beetle related diagrams.

1. The context. I found a number of diagrams that show the 'after' measurements of people making shortened chassis for buggy's.
2. A chassis can be twisted in a shunt so its a good idea to check corner to corner of the diagram (and what your measuring) to ensure the chassis is square.

Mick